Purchasing a motorbike could be the ideal solution to your travel needs in and around London, as motorbikes, scooters and mopeds are exempt from the congestion charge that many other drivers face in London.
However, because insurance providers are aware of the potential hazards caused by traffic in big cities, you may find that quotes for motorbike insurance in London can be more expensive than for other areas of the UK. For this reason, it's a good idea to compare different motorbike insurance quotes in order to find the best deals.
Although some extra expense may be unavoidable, there are several point you might want to consider that could help to bring the costs of your motorbike insurance down:
- Smaller, less powerful motorbikes are normally the cheapest to insure.
- Taking an accredited training course can often reduce your premiums.
- Safer riders (those without points on their licence or insurance claims previously made against them) usually always pay less for their insurance,
- Insurers will often reward riders who enhance the security of their bikes - for example, by storing them somewhere secure - with lower premiums.
- Offering to pay a higher excess, in the event that you need to make a claim, could lower the price of your insurance.
Use the comparison tables below to find more information and quotes from some of the top motorbike insurance providers: