Without the proper insurance, paying the required veterinary fees for your animal can be prohibitively expensive. However, by finding a suitable policy and paying the monthly fees on your insurance premiums, you could save you a significant amount of money in the long run, and so appropriate insurance is therefore well worth considering.
Depending on the type of policy that is selected, your pet insurance policy can also provide cover in a number of other areas. Including:
- Extras vet fees, for behavioural treatments or other special therapies that may be required depending on the illness or circumstances
- Cremation costs that will cover funeral expenses for your pet
- Third party liability may be useful if your animal becomes involved in an incident with another party and may have caused injury or damage to their property. This type of policy is typically intended for dogs rather than cats, as the owner may be held responsible
- Holiday pet insurance may pay for the cost of returning home early should anything happen to your pet and can be used to pay for travel and accommodation
- Missing pet cover can also be used to cover the cost of advertising a missing pet, or even paying for its reward
The tables above may help you make comparisons and get pet insurance quotes easily, and ensure you buy the best pet insurance for your money.