Using this type of policy, your insurance provider may require you to renew your lifetime pet insurance cover on an annual basis. However, a variety of different conditions and treatments may be paid for under the terms of a lifetime policy.
An especially comprehensive policy such as this may be well suited to you if you wish to give your pet as much protection as possible for the future. However it is important to note that if the species or particular breed that you own is susceptible to illness or hereditary disease, this may increase the cost of your premiums. Lifetime pet insurance may provide the following benefits:
- Vet fees that are fully covered
- Better premiums despite the age of your pet
- Specialist medical care for your pet
- Ongoing coverage and protection for your pet
- The best treatment and opportunity to try alternative forms of medicine
In addition to a lifetime pet insurance policy, there are two other types of standard pet insurance policies:
- 12 month (annual) limited cover
- Per condition pet insurance cover
As a lifetime pet insurance is the comprehensive type of policy available, it is worth bearing in mind that they are generally also the most expensive type available. In order to reduce the risk of paying highly expensive premiums, customers are encouraged to shop around as much as possible.