What is single trip travel insurance?
If you are taking a one-off holiday or business trip, single trip travel insurance is an affordable way to get essential coverage for holiday troubles like lost bags, strikes, flight delays and more. If you are travelling once or twice per year, single trip cover can be a cost effective solution when it comes to making sure you are covered for a variety of eventualities. Many travel insurance providers will give you the option of single trip cover that lasts up to 45 days.
Single trip travel insurance tips – get the best rates for you
- It's important that you state any pre-existing medical conditions that you or your travel party may have
- Single-trip policies usually state a maximum number of days that count as one trip, but a backpacker policy could cover you for longer trips
- Check your policy carefully for exclusions and excess charges before you travel
- If you're planning to make more than two trips in a year, you could find multi-trip travel insurance or annual travel insurance works out more cheaply than taking out separate single trip travel insurance policies
Find the best single trip travel insurance rates
Factors to bear in mind when searching for cheap UK travel insurance deals include:
- The level of online discount on offer
- Coverage for medical expenses and repatriation costs if you become ill or suffer an injury while abroad
- Winter sports cover or extreme sports cover – if your holiday will involve snowboarding, white water rafting or bungee jumping, you will need to check you are covered for these hazardous activities before you travel
- Optional extras such as cancellation cover
- Special deals and offers – for example, children under 18 may be covered for free when you buy an adult single trip travel insurance policy
Cheap UK travel insurance can be found by shopping around and comparing a range of quotes – use the FREE comparison tables above to help you find the best single trip travel insurance rates.
Compare the best single trip travel insurance deals
Check out our quick and easy to use travel insurance table above to find the best available single trip travel insurance deal for you. Our comparison tool will allow you to compare policies from a wide variety of UK travel insurance companies and you can tailor the policy to your individual requirements by including extras such as winter sports, holiday money and baggage cover. Click on the links for more details and to apply online in minutes: