The potential for 9% gross annual growth and early maturity
The Start Point FTSE Kick Out Plan January / February 2015 is a maximum six year and two week structured investment plan linked to the performance of the FTSE 100 Index (‘the Index’).
The objective of the Plan is to offer the opportunity for defined returns linked to the performance of the FTSE 100 Index. The Plan has a 6 year term, but offers the opportunity to mature early after years 2, 3, 4 or 5. The Plan will achieve early maturity if on any annual Measurement Date the closing level of the Index is equal to or higher than the Initial Index Level. If the Plan does mature early then it will return your original capital plus 9% gross times the number of years the Plan has been active.
Example - If the conditions were met on the second anniversary, the Plan would mature early, returning your capital plus 18% (i.e. 2 x 9% of your original investment). If early maturity is not achieved and the Plan runs for the full term, on the sixth anniversary if the Index is equal to or higher than the Initial Index Level, the Plan will return your original capital plus 54%. However, if on the sixth anniversary the pre-set conditions are not met there will be no investment returns payable and the return of your original capital will depend on the performance of the Index. Please note adjustment events may apply, see page 3 of the brochure for further details.
As long as the Index has not fallen by more than 40% at maturity from the Initial Index Level, you will receive the full return of your original investment. Any breach in this 40% safety net has the benefit of only being measured at maturity and not throughout the investment term, by comparing the Final Index Level to the Initial Index Level. If therefore at the end of the plan, the Index is below this 40% safety net barrier, you will lose 1% of capital for every 1% the Index has fallen below the starting level. It should be noted that in this scenario at least 40% of your capital will be lost. As such, this investment is only appropriate for those investors willing to accept the risk that they may lose some or all of their capital.
The Plan is available for Stocks & Shares NISA, NISA Transfer, Direct Investment, as well as SIPP and SSAS pension investments. It is also available to businesses, charities and trusts.
- Potential fixed payment of 9% gross for every year the Plan is active
- Capital at risk product*
- Investment term - Up to 6 Years
- Arrangement fee applies
- Minimum single investment - £5,000
- Maximum Stocks & Shares NISA investment - £15,000
- NISA transfers accepted
- No maximum total investment
- Also available to businesses, charities and trusts
- Investment deadline for NISA transfers: The deadline for this plan has now passed. Please fill in the form to receive details of the next plan as soon as they become available
- Investment deadline for direct & NISA investment by cheque: The deadline for this plan has now passed. Please fill in the form to receive details of the next plan as soon as they become available
- Investment deadline for direct & NISA investment by bank transfer: The deadline for this plan has now passed. Please fill in the form to receive details of the next plan as soon as they become available
*The return of your capital depends on the performance of the FTSE 100 Index and the ability of the counterparty (Morgan Stanley) to repay the monies.
Reduced arrangement fee: For investments of £100,000 or more into this plan, processed through Fair Investment Company, your arrangement fee will be reduced to 2% of your original investment.