Even though the detail of polices will differ some general trends can be picked out. Most polices will only apply to:
- Cars that are registered in the United Kingdom
- You must be in possession of a valid UK, EU or EEA driving license
- The journey into Europe should both begin and end in the UK
There are also a number of specifics for driving in Spain. Temporary car insurance must include third party cover as a minimum or else you will be acting illegally. It is also illegal to found driving in Spain with more than 0.50 mg/ml in your bloodstream, a total which is less than in the UK.
Some other information regarding driving in Spain:
- It is not a legal requirement to have a first aid kit, but it is the law that all people walking on the sides of motorways must be wearing a visibility vest
- All people in a car must wear seatbelts
- It is a legal requirement to carry replacement bulbs
- Children must always be kept in the back seats
There are a whole range of companies who will be willing to offer you a temporary car insurance quote so that you are covered comprehensively for your travels in Spain.