Tesco breakdown cover
It is not currently possible to get Tesco breakdown cover as a standalone product, however there are a wide range of breakdown cover providers available. As such by shopping around to compare the market you can try to get the best deal for the level of cover you desire.
In addition to the price of cover, other factors you might want to include in your decision may be:
- Number of free callouts permitted a year
- Range of UK cover offered
- Recovery for caravans and trailers
- Average Response time
- The number of recovery vehicles a provider has
- Available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Discounts for members in different shops, restaurants and bars
- Cover for motorbikes or classic vehicles
- Misfueling cover
Many breakdown cover providers offer coverage in different bands, so you can tailor how comprehensive your policy is to your requirements, these vary by provider but may feature:
- Roadside assistance: Often a base level of cover, included as standard with other levels. Will provide a set amount of time of free labour at the roadside, and if the vehicle cannot be fixed by the road then it will tow the vehicle to a nearby garage.
- Home Assistance: Many providers won’t provide cover for breakdowns that happen near your registered address or if your car won’t start when leaving your home as standard. A home assistance package would cover these possibilities.
- Onward Travel: If your vehicle cannot be fixed at the roadside, or at a nearby garage within a certain time period but you wish to continue your journey, then an onward travel package may be able to help you do so. What is offered varies by provider but may include the provision of a courtesy car for a limited time period, alternative transport costs or accommodation for the night at a nearby hotel.
- European Cover: Provides breakdown cover if you are driving in continental Europe.
Some providers may also give you the option of personal cover or vehicle cover:
- Vehicle cover – puts a breakdown policy on a nominated vehicle, so it is covered for breakdowns no matter who is driving it at time of occurrence. So polices will allow you to pay additional fees to take out cover for multiple vehicles under the same policy.
- Personal Cover – With a personal cover plan the policy-holder is insured for breakdowns in any vehicle they drive, or in some cases are a passenger in. Some policies will allow you to take out household policies for multiple individuals who live at the same address.