What can van and minibus insurance cover?
Some of the other things that might be covered as standard by a good quality van or minibus insurance policy include:
- Van or Minibus insurance for drivers aged 21-70
- Breakdown Cover (many van and minibus insurers also offer European Breakdown Cover, ideal if you are taking your minibus abroad)
- Replacement minibus or van in the event of an accident
- Public Liability Cover – this is particularly important for minibuses as you are transporting multiple passengers
- Windscreen replacement or repair
- Medical expenses - as with public liability cover this feature is especially important for minibuses
- Cover for personal belongings in the vehicle
- Cover for vans or minibuses up to 7.5 metric tonnes
- Cover for minibuses with up to 15 seats
- Key cover
- Baggage cover
Types of van and minibus insurance
If you are driving a minibus you are responsible not only for the safety or yourself and other road users, but also for the safety of your passengers. Therefore, choosing the right level of insurance is vital. Policy options for your van or minibus insurance include:
Third party only insurance – this is the minimum level of vehicle insurance required by law in the UK and covers damage to property or injury to others caused by your vehicle. However, it doesn’t cover damage to your own vehicle.
Third party fire and theft – this type of insurance covers the same things as third party only insurance, with the addition of cover for damage to your vehicle by fire or the loss of your vehicle through theft
Comprehensive insurance – this type of insurance will cover you for the same eventualities as third party fire and theft, plus loss or damage to your vehicle, personal effects cover, windscreen damage, accidental damage, and even medical expenses.
There are some competitive rates for you to take advantage of - why not compare van and minibus insurance policies from a number of the leading providers across the market - use the table above to help choose the best policy for you.