Buying Yacht Insurance
Whether you own an inland or offshore boat, to make sure you're protected against a wide range of circumstances, yacht insurance can provide cover for the following:
- Hull, sails, masts, rope, and buoys
- Personal belongings
- Medical care and personal accident
- Tenders and outboard motor
- Third party liability
Don't get sunk by expenses, protect yourself with yacht insurance using our partner quotes service:
Keep afloat with yacht insurance...
When it comes to securing yourself a great deal on yacht insurance there are a few things that it would be beneficial for you to know. The type of boat insurance quotes that you will be offered depends primarily on two things; the level of cover you desire and the age of your yacht.
Typically, getting insurance for a yacht that is under 15 years old will involve you undertaking an ‘agreed value’ deal. This means that in the case of total loss, you will receive the full amount which you are insured for. This is because yachts lose value as they age and most insurers will reassess a yachts market value every 5 years.
Getting insurance for a yacht that is more than 15 years means you will be covered on an actual cash value basis, which would be based on the market value of your vessel at that time.
To begin getting boat insurance quotes today just click on the link at the top of this page.
When looking for the best yacht insurance deals that are currently available, you will find that each policy will differ in its composition. Some features to consider are:
- Hull insurance for damage caused to your own boat by events such as lightning, explosions, collisions and malicious damage
- Third party liability insurance will protect you from any claims made against you by other people for damage to property or personal injury
- Personal accident insurance will provide you with a lump sum if you suffer lasting injury or disability as a result of an accident on your boat
- Legal expenses cover
- Cover can also be obtained for war, terrorism, piracy and other civil commotion risks
To begin getting boat insurance quotes today all you need to do is follow the link at the top of this page.