How do Zopa loans work?
- You pay a small fee
- Depending on your credit rating lenders will offer you rates
- You set up a monthly repayments scheme
Borrowing money through Zopa loans is similar to borrowing from a bank so it cuts out the middle man.
Zopa Loan features:
- Loans available over 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years
- Borrow between £1,000 and £25,000
- Decisions within 48 hours during week days
To be eligible for a Zopa loan you must:
- Be aged 20 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Be a current UK resident, with 3 years of address history
- Have an income of at least £12,000 a year, could be a salary or pension.
Zopa Loan Calculator
If you are interested in a Zopa loan, you can use the calculator on their website to get an indication of how much it might cost you both in total repayment and what it breaks down as in monthly instalments. You just need to enter into the Zopa loan calculator how much you want to borrow and how long you want the repayment term to be and the Zopa loan calculator will generate an estimate for you using the lender’s Representative APR for a loan of that size. Remember however if you decide to apply for a Zopa loan, the APR you are offered and repayment fee may be differ, this is because lenders may tailor the APR they are willing to offer you once they have assessed your individual circumstances.
Before you apply for a loan
Taking out a loan can be a big commitment, before you apply for one then it’s a good idea to shop around and do your research to try and find the best choice for you. Loans can vary between lenders, you may want to consider what loan features are important to you.
You may also want to consider alternatives to borrowing. If you already have the required sums in your savings it may be beneficial to use these instead. This is because the interest you gain from your savings may be less than the interest you would be charged on a loan of the same size.