Compare Pet Insurance
Up to 45% Off Use the table below to compare pet insurance quotes to get the best deal.
* Minimum premium applies
- Petplan Equine has been a leading horse and rider insurance provider since 1988.
- Cover for horse, veteran horse (17 to 40), or rider
- Tailor your policy to add optional extras
- Illness Cover
- Complementary Treatment
- Diagnostic Treatment
- Up to £5,000 in vet fees per condition
- Cover for trailers and horse-drawn vehicles
- Cover for the loss of your horse by theft or straying
- Protection in the sad event of your horse’s death
- Legal Advice Helpline open 24 hours a day
- Choice of personal accident cover
- Permanent Loss of Use
- Third Party Liability cover up to £3 million
- One short form to complete
- Compare UK insurance providers
- Independent and unbiased service
- Find a policy to suit your needs
- Insurance for a foal, a pony, right up to veteran horse
- Quote for a farm horse, a race horse, a pet horse, or a horse used for other commercial equestrian riding school purposes
- Cover the horse only (health, medical and mortality), the rider only (in case of an accident), horse public liability insurance, or perhaps all three
for first 2 months
Pet Insurance Deals
Choosing pet insurance can seem like a complicated business – there are so many options to research and different providers to choose from, and as your pet is an important member of your family, it’s essential that you choose the right cover. Veterinary bills can be steep, and it can be difficult to find the money in one lump sum if your pet gets sick or injured and requires treatment.
Types of pet insurance
When it comes to choosing the right pet insurance for you, there are a range of choices available depending on your budget and on the level of cover you wants. Some of the options available from pet insurance companies include:
Lifetime pet insurance – A lifetime pet insurance policy offers the most comprehensive level of cover for your pet. These plans, as the name suggests, are designed to last for the entire life of your pet, covering any new illness or injury after the date the policy is taken out (you will not be covered for your pet’s existing illnesses or injuries). These policies require annual renewal, so make sure you set a date to renew each year or you will no longer have the cover you need.
Non-lifetime pet insurance – this type of pet insurance limits how much they pay per condition before it’s excluded. This type of pet insurance will pay out a set amount for any different conditions your pet has, with no time limit. However, once the payment limit is used up, no further payouts will be available.
Time-limited non-lifetime pet insurance – this type of pet insurance offers the same limited payout plan as non-lifetime pet insurance, but also places a time limit on how long you can claim for the condition. After this time has elapsed, the condition will be excluded from any further payouts.
Accident-only pet insurance – This is the most basic type of pet insurance policy and only covers your pet for accidents and injuries. Other illnesses are excluded. The policies may be cheapest at the outset, but they could prove expensive if your pet gets ill in the future as you will not be covered.
Find the best value pet insurance
However tight your budget, it’s worth insuring your pet in order to help them live a long, healthy life, as well as to save you money on vet’s bills in the future. When comparing pet insurance policies it’s a good idea to shop around and compare a wide range of insurers. Look for specific policies for your pet, as many insurers offer specialised cat, dog, horse, or exotic pet insurance, which could offer a better deal and a level of cover that is tailored to your pet’s specific needs.
You can compare a range of deals from pet insurance providers with our free comparison service. Just click on the links above to compare features and apply online today for great discounts.