Retirement Planning Advice
Whether you’re planning for the future, approaching retirement, or already drawing a pension, financial advice could help you get more from your money.
There is no time like the present to start planning for retirement.
We work with trusted pension advisers to provide a personal financial planning service for people just like you, who use the Fair Investment site. They have extensive experience in helping people plan for a stronger financial future.
- There’s no pressure to act on their advice – You’ll have the time you need to decide if you want to act on their recommendations, and will only pay a fee if you do
- You can speak to an adviser without even leaving your home – via an appointment over the phone or online
- Free 15 minute initial appointment and you’ll only be charged if you decide to proceed with the recommendations provided
Abrdn’s retirement specialists are here to do the hard work and help you feel confident about your retirement future. You’ll receive advice over the phone and online to keep charges as low as possible. Get started with a free, no obligation 15 minute call. Capital at Risk
- You get a dedicated financial adviser looking after you and your retirement plan
- Ongoing support, advice and updates to make sure your retirement savings are working as hard as they can
- Know you can afford to retire, what you can afford to spend and that your money is planned to last
- Reassurance that your retirement choices fit your needs, with expert support to evaluate your options
- Join the thousands of people we’ve helped with their retirement
- Low minimum deposit and low charges
- Investments go down in value as well as up so you could get back less than you invest
- Tax reliefs depend on your circumstances and the rules could change in the future
- Your income in retirement can involve investments. The value of investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you paid in
What stage of retirement are you at?
I’m planning for retirement
Explore the options that suit your current situation and get help in putting aside as much as you can reasonably afford.
I’m approaching retirement
Our retirement planning advisers could review your pensions and investments to see if your current plans are on track.
I’m already retired
Even if you’re not working anymore, your retirement pot should still be working for you. Good advice on when to access your pension, drawing an income, and how to protect and build on your lump sum can be really useful.
How much do you need to retire?
Planning ahead and putting some more money aside if you can afford to could help you put stronger plans in place for retirement.
A study by Which?* (below) shows how much income a couple might need to achieve different levels of comfort when they retire:
Utilities, housing costs, transport £17,200 a year
Leisure activities & European travel £25,000 a year
Long-haul travel & new car every 5 years £40,000 a year
For pensions and flexible retirement solutions your capital is at risk and you may get back less than you originally invested. Your eventual income will depend on the size of your fund at retirement, future interest rates and tax legislation. If you take too much income too quickly your fund could be depleted or run out altogether.