TESCO Pet Insurance
The Smart Way To Get Pet Insurance
Compare Top UK Pet Insurance Providers
Personalised quotes in 2 minutes!
TESCO Pet Insurance Review
Get a quote for Tesco Bank Pet Insurance or compare other deals below.
You can choose from several levels of pet insurance to ensure you get the right balance of comprehensive cover and value for money.
Tesco Pet Insurance is a UK-based company that offers comprehensive pet insurance policies. With over 25 years of experience in the insurance industry, Tesco Pet Insurance has become a leading provider of pet insurance policies in the UK.
Pet owners can choose from a wide range of insurance policies offered by Tesco Pet Insurance. Various levels of cover are available for dogs and cats of all ages. The company also provides multi-pet policies, which can help householders with more than one pet save money.
Features of Pet Cover Include:
- 4 levels of cover to choose from – Accident and injury, Standard, Extra and Premier
- Get a guaranteed discount if you are a Clubcard member.
- 24 hour 7 days a week access to vetfone phone helpline for pet help and advice
- Multi-pet discount, get a 10% discount on the additional premium for each additional pet you add to your policy (discounts are applied consecutively)
- Pets can be insured from 8 weeks old with no maximum age limit
- Up to £2,000,000 on third-party liability costs – you could be covered for compensation claims if your dog hurts another person or damages their property. There is an excess for property damage.
- Fixed excess payments – so you’ll always know what you need to pay for a claim
The flexibility of Tesco Pet Insurance is one of its key advantages.
Depending on customers’ requirements and budgets, different levels of coverage are available.
Tesco offers three levels of cover: standard, extra, and premier.
Basic cover provides basic protection for your pet, while extra and premier policies offer additional benefits such as dental coverage and complementary therapies.
Tesco Pet Insurance also makes claiming easy
A simple and efficient claims process can be completed online or over the phone by the company. 24/7 customer support is available, so customers can get help whenever needed. Additionally, the company offers direct payment to vets, so customers do not have to pay upfront.
Additionally, Tesco Pet Insurance offers customers a range of benefits. For example, they offer access to a 24/7 veterinary helpline, which can give advice and support on various pet-related issues. Additionally, they offer an online pet portal that provides pet nutrition, training, and health information.
Providing excellent customer service is one of the strengths of Tesco Pet Insurance. The company has won numerous awards for its customer service, including being “Expert Rated” by defaqto in 2022. Customers can access support through a range of channels, including phone, email, and live chat.
How do Tesco Clubcard members benefit if they take out Tesco Pet Insurance?
Tesco Clubcard members can benefit from taking out Tesco Pet Insurance in several ways.
Here are a few examples:
- Collecting Clubcard points – As a Clubcard member, you can collect Clubcard points when you purchase a Tesco Pet Insurance policy. Every £1 spent on your Tesco premium will earn you one point, which can be used to get discounts on future purchases.
- Discounted premiums – Tesco sometimes offers special discounts to Clubcard members on pet insurance policies. Deals like these can help you save money on pet insurance and make it more affordable.
- Priority access to veterinary advice – Clubcard members get priority access to Tesco Pet Insurance’s 24/7 veterinary advice helpline.
- Access to pet-related offers and promotions – Tesco frequently runs promotions and offers on pet-related products and services, including food, toys, and grooming. You can take advantage of these promotions and offers as a Clubcard member.
The benefits available to Clubcard members may vary based on Tesco Pet Insurance’s specific policy and promotions at any given time. It’s always a good idea to check the current terms and conditions to find out which benefits you are entitled to.
5 reasons why someone with a pet should consider Tesco pet insurance?
- Comprehensive Coverage – From Accident and Injury coverage to comprehensive Premier coverage, Tesco Pet Insurance offers a range of policies to suit different needs and budgets. All policies cover vet fees for illness and injury and additional benefits such as dental cover.
- Flexible policy options – Tesco Pet Insurance policies can be tailored to meet your requirements. You can, for example, choose the amount of excess coverage you want and the level of vet fee coverage you want.
- Affordable Premiums – Tesco Pet Insurance policies are competitively priced and offer excellent value for money. Clubcard members can also benefit from exclusive discounts and promotional offers.
- 24/7 Vet Advice Helpline – Tesco Pet Insurance policyholders can access a 24/7 veterinary advice helpline through a service provided by Vetsdirect Ltd, providing reassurance and support whenever needed.
- Backed by a leading insurer – Royal Sun Alliance (RSA), one of the top insurance companies in the UK, provides Tesco Pet Insurance. RSA has established a solid reputation as a provider of high-quality insurance products and excellent customer service.
These are just some of the reasons why someone with a pet might choose Tesco Pet Insurance. Of course, it’s important to carefully review the full policy details and terms and conditions before deciding on pet insurance.
One potential downside of Tesco Pet Insurance is that their policies can be more expensive than those other providers offer. However, this is often reflected in the level of cover provided, and customers can choose from different levels of cover to suit their budget.
How does Tesco’s Level of Pet Insurance Cover Compare?
|Accident and Injury
|Vet Fees Limits
|£4,000 or £7,500
|£2,000, £4,000, £7,500 or £10,000
|Time Limit for Vet Fees Cover
|Dental Cover as the Result of an Accident
|Lost Pet Cover
|Cover for Accidents and Injuries
|Additional Cover for Illness
Up to £2,000,000 on third-party liability costs
With Tesco Bank Pet Insurance, you could be insured for a compensation claim if your dog injures someone or damages somebody’s property. With Tesco dog insurance, there is an excess for property damage.
Compare TESCO pet insurance using our quote comparison service.
Does Tesco’s pet insurance cover older pets?
Pets must be between the ages of 8 weeks and 11 years old in order to qualify for Accident and Injury coverage. The age limit for Standard and Extra cover is 8 weeks to 8 years old. Premier cover is available to pets between 8 weeks and 6 years.
You may still be able to get Tesco Pet Insurance even if your pet is older than the maximum age limit for your policy. However, you may need to contact them directly to discuss your options, as different terms and conditions may apply.
You should keep in mind that pet insurance costs may increase as your pet ages. As pets age, they are more likely to develop health problems, making veterinarian visits more frequent. If you have insurance, however, you can cover unexpected vet bills, regardless of your pet’s age.
What happens when you claim on Tesco pet insurance?
- Contact Tesco Pet Insurance – You can contact Tesco Pet Insurance by phone, email or through your online account. You will need to provide your policy details and explain the reason for the claim.
- Provide Documentation – Tesco Pet Insurance will ask you to provide documentation to support your claim, such as vet bills, receipts or medical reports. They may also ask for additional information, such as your pet’s medical history.
- Claim Assessment – Once Tesco Pet Insurance has received all the necessary documentation, they will assess your claim. This may involve contacting your vet for further information or seeking advice from a veterinary specialist.
- Claim Decision – Your claim will be reviewed by Tesco Pet Insurance, and a decision will be made. If your claim has been approved, you or your vet will receive payment, depending on the circumstances.
It’s important to note that the process for making a claim may vary depending on the specific circumstances and policy details. The claims team at Tesco Pet Insurance can provide guidance and support throughout the process.
Are pre-existing conditions of my pet included in Tesco’s pet insurance cover?
As pre-existing conditions are considered a known risk, most pet insurance providers do not insure them.
If your pet has experienced or shown symptoms of an illness, injury or medical condition before the start of your insurance policy, it is considered a pre-existing condition. Chronic conditions like arthritis or diabetes and minor ones like ear infections and allergies can be listed here.
You should disclose your pet’s pre-existing conditions when taking out Tesco Pet Insurance. Any claims related to a pre-existing condition may be denied if you fail to inform them.
Tesco Pet Insurance policies do not cover pre-existing conditions but may still cover future health issues your pet may experience. For a complete understanding of what’s covered and what’s not, make sure you review the full policy terms and conditions.
Do I need to pay an excess when I claim on my Tesco pet insurance policy?
Any treatment or claim you make will require an excess contribution from you. The level of coverage you have selected, and your policy details will determine the amount of excess you will need to pay.
Tesco Pet Insurance offers a range of excess levels, depending on your needs and budget. The higher the excess, the lower the monthly premium; the lower the excess, the higher the monthly premium.
For example, with Tesco Pet Insurance, the excess for vet fees ranges from £60 to £120, depending on the level of cover you have chosen, which is the same as John Lewis Pet Cover and Paws & Claws. The excess for dental cover and lost pet cover is £60, regardless of the level of cover.
You should also be aware that some policies may also have a percentage-based excess, meaning you have to pay an additional percentage of the claim amount on top of the fixed excess.
Upon making a claim, you must pay the excess upfront before Tesco Pet Insurance pays the remaining amount. Make sure you review the full terms and conditions of your policy to understand what excesses apply and how they may affect your coverage.
How Does Pet Insurance Work?
- Vets fees – Avoid one off bills
- Reward and advertising costs – In case your pet goes missing
- Holiday cancellation
- Boarding fees – For when your animal needs to stay in care
Typically pet insurance will not cover:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Problems within the first 10 days of cover
- Breeds that come under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991
- New policies for any pet younger than 8 weeks, dogs over a set age e.g 9 years and cats e.g. aged 11 years and over
What types of pet insurance are there?
Some of the options available from pet insurance companies include:
Lifetime pet insurance – A lifetime pet insurance policy offers the most comprehensive level of cover for your pet. These plans, as the name suggests, are designed to last for the entire life of your pet, covering any new illness or injury after the date the policy is taken out (you will not be covered for your pet’s existing illnesses or injuries). These policies require annual renewal, so make sure you set a date to renew each year or you will no longer have the cover you need.
Non-lifetime pet insurance – this type of pet insurance limits how much they pay per condition before it’s excluded. This type of pet insurance will pay out a set amount for any different conditions your pet has, with no time limit. However, once the payment limit is used up, no further payouts will be available.
Time-limited non-lifetime pet insurance – this type of pet insurance offers the same limited payout plan as non-lifetime pet insurance, but also places a time limit on how long you can claim for the condition. After this time has elapsed, the condition will be excluded from any further payouts.
Accident-only pet insurance – This is the most basic type of pet insurance policy and only covers your pet for accidents and injuries. Other illnesses are excluded. The policies may be cheapest at the outset, but they could prove expensive if your pet gets ill in the future as you will not be covered.
What Is The Best Insurance For Dogs?
Buying Dog Insurance
When it comes to choosing the right dog insurance there are a range of choices available depending on your budget and on the level of cover you wants.
Some of the options available from pet insurance companies include:
Lifetime dog insurance – A lifetime dog insurance policy offers the most comprehensive level of cover for your pet. These plans, as the name suggests, are designed to last for the entire life of your pooch, covering any new illness or injury after the date the policy is taken out (you will not be covered for your dog’s existing illnesses or injuries). These policies require annual renewal, so make sure you set a date to renew each year or you will no longer have the cover you need.
Non-lifetime dog insurance – this type of pet insurance limits how much they pay per condition before it’s excluded. This type of dog insurance will pay out a set amount for any different conditions your pet has, with no time limit. However, once the payment limit is used up, no further payouts will be available.
Time-limited non-lifetime dog insurance – this type of insurance offers the same limited payout plan as non-lifetime cover, but also places a time limit on how long you can claim for the condition. After this time has elapsed, the condition will be excluded from any further payouts.
Accident-only dog insurance – This is the most basic type of pet insurance policy and only covers your dog for accidents and injuries. Other illnesses are excluded. The policies may be cheapest at the outset, but they could prove expensive if your pet gets ill in the future as you will not be covered.
What Is The Cheapest Pet Insurance Available?
When comparing pet insurance policies it’s a good idea to shop around and compare a wide range of insurers.
Look for specific policies for your pet, as many insurers offer specialised cat, dog, horse, or exotic pet insurance, which could offer a better deal and a level of cover that is tailored to your pet’s specific needs.
You can compare a range of deals from pet insurance providers with our free comparison service. Just click on the links above to compare features and apply online today for great discounts.
What Is the Best Multi Pet Insurance Policy?
- The multi-pet discount offered – most pet insurance providers offer you a discount if you insure more than one pet under the same policy
- The level of vet’s fees that are covered for each pet, per year
- Are the vets fees paid directly? This can be convenient if you have several pets to care for
- Whether there is an excess fee to pay when making a claim,and how much it is per pet
Pet Insurance Brands
- AA Pet Insurance
- Animal Friends Insurance
- Argos Pet Insurance
- ASDA Pet Insurance
- AXA Pet Insurance
- Castle Cover Pet Insurance
- Churchill Pet Insurance
- Debenhams Pet Insurance
- Direct Line Dog Insurance
- Direct Line Pet Insurance
- Gocompare Pet Insurance
- Halifax Pet Insurance
- Healthy Pets Pet Insurance
- Helpucover Pet Insurance
- Homebase Pet Insurance
- John Lewis Pet Insurance
- LV= Pet Insurance
- M&S Pet Insurance
- More Than Pet Insurance
- NFU Horse Insurance
- NFU Pet Insurance
- Pet Protect Insurance
- Petplan Dog Insurance
- Petplan Horse Insurance
- Petplan Insurance
- Pinnacle Pet Healthcare
- Pinnacle Pet Insurance
- Post Office Pet Insurance
- RSPCA Pet Insurance
- Saga Pet Insurance
- Sainsbury’s Pet Insurance
- Santander Pet Insurance
- Tesco Cat Insurance
- Tesco Dog Insurance
- Tesco Pet Insurance
- Virgin Dog Insurance
- Virgin Pet Insurance
- PDSA Pet Insurance
- Pet Protect Insurance