Top UK Current Accounts People are Switching To
Looking for a better deal on your current account?
Recent Bacs data has ranked the accounts which Britons are switching to, from July 2019-September 2019.
The main reasons appears to be joining or switching perks, including fee-free withdrawals abroad, high-tech personalised banking features, and the classic switching bonuses.
We’ve broken down the most popular accounts people are switching to – and the perks they offer.
- Flex Direct is a very popular current account with great benefits for new users, or people looking to switch
- If you put £1000 into the account each month, you can earn 5% AER on balanced up to £2,500
- £100 switching bonus for the First Direct account
- After the year, you will get 1% AER per year
- This offer is only available to new users
- Easy account management through online or mobile app
- Their main selling point is the user-friendly app-based account
- In-app tacking and notification of transactions and payments
- Very quick to open account
- Flexible overdraft offerings
- Savings options via “pots”
- Ability to switch without trips to the bank – in 7 days
- Switch Guarantee
- No fees for withdrawals abroad
- Easy use mobile banking app
- A £175 switching bonus for Advance and Premier Accounts
- £75 switching bonus for HSBC account
- 75% AER savings rate on current accounts
- Multiple account options for different needs
- Online banking options
- Personalised in-app management
- In-app tracking, notification of transfers and payments
- Speedy switching, within 7 days
- Current account options – including personal, join, Euro and Teen
- No fees for withdrawals while travelling
- Flexible overdraft and savings options