Contents Only Insurance

Compare Latest Deals

Your personal belongings have sentimental as well as monetary value to you, and if they were to become lost, stolen or damaged do you think you could afford to replace them? Contents only insurance will cover your household possessions should anything happen to them.

If you do not own your home or you are a tenant, it is likely that you will need only contents insurance. Contents in this instance will be classified as all of the things you would take with you if you were to move house. This means things such as TVs, stereos and books and does not mean permanent fixtures and any furniture that was already in the property when you moved in.

It may seem like there are a bewildering amount of insurance providers out there, so our comparison tables should make the job of getting contents insurance quotes a little easier and help you to get the best deal:

Compare Contents Insurance Quotes
Provided via:Total Number of InsurersContents InsuranceBuilding InsuranceLandlord & Tenant InsuranceGet Quotes
70+YesYesYesGet Quotes >
Compare - Latest Home Insurance Deals
ProviderBuildings Max Std CoverContents Max Std CoverFeatures:Get Quotes
Rebuild Cost£50,000

5 Star home insurance from just £99
10% of all customers buying home buildings and contents insurance with us from June 2017 to August 2017 paid £99 or less (Source: Aviva). The price you pay will depend upon individual circumstances, cover chosen and payment method selected.

Get Quotes >
£1 million£100,000

Over 50s Home Cover - Buildings and contents insurance from £141 a year – 51% of customers who paid annually and took out a new policy between May and July 2015 paid this or even less

Get Quotes >

Five star rated Platinum Home Insurance.
(Moneyfacts Home Insurance 2018). Choose from three levels of cover, covering some or all of: home emergency, boiler cover, family legal protection, accidental damage on both buildings and contents, personal possessions, bicycles, matching items, trace and access. Plus add optional extras. 24-hour Emergency Helpline

Get Quotes >

UK's number 1 rated home insurance provider. We compare policies from leading providers as well as our own to find you the right cover. Prices fixed for 2 years

Get Quotes >

Great value 'Defaqto' 5 Star rated cover. £1 million cover if you need to rebuild your home, choose up to £150,000 for your contents cover, 24-hour UK emergency helpline

Get Quotes >

5 Star Defaqto award-winning insurer.
Pay monthly at no extra cost (0% APR Representative). Low excess of just £45 (apart from escaping water and subsidence). No hidden admin fees. 'New for old' cover. Age UK Home Insurance is administered by Ageas Retail Limited and provided by a limited panel of insurers.

Get Quotes >

Get a quote today and you could save 15% when you buy online. (Discount includes introductory and web discount, first year premium only. Minimum Premiums apply)

Get Quotes >

Get quotes from over 65 trusted home insurance brands in minutes. 20% of consumers could achieve a saving of £158 with (based on independent research by Consumer Intelligence during 1 October to 31 October 2016)

Get Quotes >

*There is no total sum insured, but other limits apply including single article and total valuables limits.

** Up to 50% offer includes introductory 25% discount applied to annual home insurance premium and not to additional extras. £30 gift card applies when purchasing new combined cover.

***99% of people who had a buildings and contents quote during May 2012 received a discount of at least 15%.

♦ Not available to customers renewing their existing cover

 ****Discount applies when you buy buildings and contents together. 30% combined and 20% online discount deducted consecutively. Excludes optional covers. Minimum premiums apply. New customers only.

If you are looking to purchase contents only insurance, you may find that the policy offers:

  • Either ‘new for old’ cover or indemnity cover.
  • Protected items will usually include jewellery, furniture, electrical appliances, clothes, upholstery and money.
  • Accidental damage cover
  • Protection for your possessions from fire, storms, floods, vandalism, theft and attempted theft.

You may also want to look for a contents only insurance policy that covers your garden and garage, as you may keep some of your valuables in these places.

Contacting your current insurance provider, if you already have buildings insurance, may help you save some money. Most companies who offer both buildings and contents insurance only, will offer a discount when you take out a combined policy or you go with the same company.

Contents only insurance is widely available from a range of home insurance providers. Because there are so many, it is important to source a few different quotes and compare prices.