Would you like help with investing?
- Lots of people are aware that the cash in their savings accounts is hardly growing. But the variety of stocks and shares and investment funds on offer stops them from taking the first step to making their money work harder.
- Investing could be something to consider, provided you’re prepared to invest for at least five years and are comfortable with the risks involved.
- Those who are already investing may feel that the shares and fund holdings they already have aren’t performing as well as they expected. Or they want to invest more, or review their investment funds to ensure they remain suitable for their needs.
There isn’t “one best investment” that can be recommended for everyone.
How and what you invest in depends on how much you can afford to invest, how long you can commit to, your capacity to manage any loss and your risk appetite. (In general, the more risk you’re comfortable with, the greater the potential rewards over the long term.) However you need to be investing for at least five years and comfortable with risks involved.
That’s why personalised investment advice is really helpful.
Investment advice service
We work with trusted UK independent financial firms to provide a personal financial planning service for people just like you, who use the Fair Investment site.
The firms we partner with have proven investment expertise and are regulated by the FCA and have experience in helping people plan for a stronger financial future.
The firms we work with offer:
- There’s no pressure to act on their advice, and no upfront fees to pay. You’ll have the time you need to decide if you want to act on their recommendations, and will only pay a fee if you do.
- You can decide how you wish to meet with your advisor – some they offer a video link service. You can also have an appointment over the phone or face to face.
- Free initial appointments and you’ll only be charged if you decide to proceed with the recommendations provided.
How could your money be invested?
The IFAs we work with offer independent financial advice, and will offer a range of financial products and solutions from across the market.
With the advice process the adviser will undergo a full fact find to understand your financial objectives to ensure any investment proposals are in line with your timescales and attitude to investment risk.
And you’ll always be advised to invest for at least five years. This is because markets can at times experience short-term dips and volatility. But over the long-term, they usually rise. It is important to remember that past performance is not a guide for future returns.
The aim of your investment advice will be to make your money earn more than it would have done in a cash savings account.. It does mean placing your capital at risk, as its value can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you originally invest.