Compare Medical Insurance Quotes
In conjunction with our service through Activequote you can:
- View more than 50 quotes online
- Compare the UK’s leading insurers
- Tailor your quotes online with live price updates
- Buy your chosen health insurance online
- Get free advice from a health insurance specialist
Save money on your health insurance!
Medical Insurance for Over 65s
If you are over 65, medical insurance may seem like a good idea. Many people begin to develop health problems or simply require more care when they begin to get a little older, and you may want to insure a high quality of treatment.
The first point is that insurance companies are essentially risk averse, meaning that they will charge people they consider to be ‘higher risk’ (have more chance of becoming ill and making a claim) higher premiums.
What this means for you if you are over 65 and want a medical insurance policy, is that in all likelihood you will face high premiums when you sign up, and that these will increase further as you reach 70. It is important to note that this may not always be the case as technological advancements continues, treatment progresses, and the UK population begins to live longer.
We have endeavoured to make the task of comparing different policies and obtaining medical insurance quotes as easy and quick as possible, so make sure to take a look at the product tables below.
There are a few things you can do to potentially bring your medical insurance premiums down:
- You reduce the level of other benefits such as outpatient cover
- Set your medical insurance policy to only cover a specific range of hospitals
- Have you r treatment on the NHS rather than a private hospital
- Pay higher excess
- Building up a no claims discount
- Some insurers will offer discounts for using certain methods of payment
It is not guaranteed that these measures will bring down your medical insurance if you are over 65, but many companies will be willing to give a better deal on medical insurance quotes.