Financial Planning & Advice
Pension Planning Advice Service
Require pension planning advice? We can connect you with specialist advisers who are on hand to have a friendly conversation about your pension plans and to help put financial plans in place for when you reach your retirement.
Learn more about our pension planning advice services.
Retirement Planning Advice Service
We all have our own idea of the life we’d like to lead after we’ve left the 9 to 5 behind.
Learn more about our retirement planning advice services.
Inheritance Tax Planning Advice Service
You’ve worked to create a legacy for the people you care about. But now it’s time to make plans so your loved ones could get the most from the estate you intend to leave behind.
Our inheritance tax advice and planning service could help you get ready ahead of time. Putting plans in place early could help you reduce any inheritance tax liability on your estate so that you could leave more behind for the people who mean the most.
Learn more about our Inheritance tax planning advice services.
Investment Planning Advice Service
When it comes to investments, it’s a good idea to make sure you understand the opportunities, risks and how everything works.
That’s where using an independent financial adviser makes sense. With a face to face initial consultation, you could find out whether investing could be an option for you.
Learn more about our investment advice services
How it works
Starting the conversation
Looking for financial advice can seem like a big step.
It actually just starts with a conversation about your goals and how your money will help you get there.
A no-obligation first conversation with someone experienced will help to work out if you might benefit from financial advice.
- You have an initial consultation to find out if financial advice might work for you, and then get an appointment booked with an adviser.
- You choose how you talk to an advisor, by phone, by video, or in person.
- Your adviser finds out about your current lifestyle and financial situation, and how you feel about risk and reward.
- You get a personalised plan with approved funds researched by technical experts, and your advisor talks you through it.
- Deciding to go ahead once you’re happy with the plan, you discuss the level of service you need and what it might cost. You’ll only be charged if you decide to go ahead with your plan.
Financial planning advice is likely to include stock market-based investments. These are not like bank and building society savings accounts: your capital is at risk and you may get back less than you invested. The value of your investments and any income from them may fall as well as rise.
Pensions are long term investments and your eventual income will depend upon the size of the fund at retirement, future interest rates and tax legislation.
IHT thresholds depend on your individual circumstances and prevailing legislation, both may change in future.