Financial Planning & Advice
We’re working with Skipton Building Society
We’ve chosen the trusted Skipton Building Society to provide a personal financial planning service for people using the Fair Investment site. They’ve been around since 1853 and today help over 1 million customers save for the future and secure their own homes. They have have over 30 years’ experience in helping people plan for a stronger financial future.
Why choose Skipton Building Society for Financial Advice?
- There’s no pressure to act on their advice, and no upfront fees to pay. You’ll have the time you need to decide if you want to act on their recommendations, and will only pay a fee if you do.
- You can speak to a Skipton adviser in a Skipton branch or without even leaving your home– they offer an award-winning video link service. You can also have an appointment over the phone or in a Skipton branch.
- Free initial appointments and you’ll only be charged if you decide to proceed with the recommendations provided.
- They’re a mutual society, not driven by shareholders.
Everyone’s different – but most people have one thing in common: they want to grow their money. That’s where financial advice could help.
Here are the services which could be available to you…
Investment Planning Advice Service
When it comes to investments, it’s a good idea to make sure you understand the opportunities, risks and how everything works.
That’s where Skipton’s friendly and experienced team are on hand. With a face to face initial consultation, you could find out whether investing could be an option for you.
Learn more about their investment advice service
Pension Planning Advice Service
With the Skipton video appointment service, Skipton Link, their expert advisers are on hand to have a friendly face to face conversation about your pension plans and to help put financial plans in place for when you reach your retirement.
Learn more about their pension planning advice service.
Retirement Planning Advice Service
We all have our own idea of the life we’d like to lead after we’ve left the 9 to 5 behind. Whatever your vision, Skipton could talk you through your options with a friendly face to face conversation via their video appointment service, Skipton Link, or over the phone or in a Skipton branch.
Learn more about their retirement planning advice service.
Inheritance Tax Planning Advice Service
You’ve worked to create a legacy for the people you care about. But now it’s time to make plans so your loved ones could get the most from the estate you intend to leave behind.
Skipton inheritance tax advice and planning could help you get ready ahead of time. Putting plans in place early could help you reduce any inheritance tax liability on your estate so that you could leave more behind for the people who mean the most.
Learn more about their Inheritance tax planning advice service.
Why not start with a free Financial Fitness Report?30% of people are worried about their financial future because they don’t have everything in order*. A Financial Fitness Report could help with that. If you’re not sure if you need a financial advisory service, this report will show any areas that need a bit more attention, and gives you practical suggestions on how to improve your financial health. Why not request a call back and get started today? Free Financial Fitness Report » *Source: Skipton Building Society, 2020
How it works
Starting the conversation
Looking for financial advice can seem like a big step.
It actually just starts with a conversation about your goals and how your money will help you get there.
A no-obligation first conversation with someone experienced will help to work out if you might benefit from financial advice.
- You have an initial consultation to find out if financial advice might work for you, and then get an appointment booked with a Skipton adviser.
- You choose how you talk to an advisor, by phone, by video, or in person at a Skipton branch.
- Your adviser finds out about your current lifestyle and financial situation, and how you feel about risk and reward.
- You get a personalised plan with approved funds researched by Skipton’s technical experts, and your advisor talks you through it.
- Deciding to go ahead once you’re happy with the plan, you discuss the level of service you need and what it might cost. You’ll only be charged if you decide to go ahead with your plan.
Financial planning advice is likely to include stock market-based investments. These are not like bank and building society savings accounts: your capital is at risk and you may get back less than you invested. The value of your investments and any income from them may fall as well as rise.
Pensions are long term investments and your eventual income will depend upon the size of the fund at retirement, future interest rates and tax legislation.
IHT thresholds depend on your individual circumstances and prevailing legislation, both may change in future.
Fair Investment’s financial advice service is provided by Skipton Building Society. Skipton is a member of the Building Societies Association, authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 153706 to accept deposits, advise on and arrange mortgages and provide Restricted financial advice. Principal office: The Bailey, Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23 1DN. If you take advice from Skipton Building Society, Fair Investment will receive a fee for the introduction.