Use your savings to reduce the interest you pay on your mortgage.
Selected 2021 Offset Mortgage Offers
2 Year Offset Mortgage Offer – 75% LTV
2 Year Offset Mortgage
- Initial Rate – 3.19% APR
- Offset Mortgage – Link your savings and current account to your mortgage and only pay the interest on the difference
- 75% Loan To Value (LTV)
- Reverts to 3.54% after 2 year term
Call First Direct FREE on 0808 296 5500 or Go to website »Overall cost for comparison 3.60% APRC
Reverts to 3.54%
Reverts to 3.54%
Using your savings to offset your mortgage interest payments
Offset mortgages are interest only mortgages where you can link your savings to “offset” the interest you pay on your mortgage.
Example: If you have a £100,000 mortgage, a savings account with £20,000 and a current account with £1,000 in it, you will only pay interest on the difference between the money you have and the money you owe.
In this example you would only pay interest on £79,000.
Typically for this type of mortgage applicants will have to earn at least a set amount of income annually.
With First Direct the minimimum sole income is £50,000.
A repayment strategy will also be required as the mortgage will be on an interest only basis. the lender will need to see how you will repay the capital.
Offset mortgages are a type of interest rate deal that links your current account, savings account or credit card to your mortgage loan with the aim of reducing the amount of interest you pay and decreasing the overall size of your mortgage.
Your savings are combined with your debt and the interest you earn on your savings is used to reduce the amount of interest you pay when repaying your mortgage loan, potentially saving you a significant amount of money.
The more savings you have, the more interest you are likely to earn, and the interest accumulated on your savings is used to reduce the interest on your mortgage loan.
Offset mortgages are generally considered to very flexible, and may enable customers to:
- Make as many overpayments as they want to reduce the overall size of their mortgage
- Make underpayments in times when they need to dip into their savings
- Take advantage of a drawdown facility allowing them to withdraw money from their mortgage account
- Take payment holidays if necessary
Offset mortgages could suit you if you are a person:
- With substantial savings that can be put to use
- Who has a cash ISA
- In a higher tax bracket
- With buy-to-let properties
Get a Better Offset Mortgage!
Mortgage & Bridging Loan Advice Service
Special features of what we offer include:
- Whole of market service – We work with over 70 UK mortgage lenders
- Great Rates! – Access to leading market mortgage & bridging finance rates
- Exclusive Deals – Access to exclusive loan deals not available on high street
- Fast turnaround – speak to us today if you need to move quickly.
- Raising Finance? – Looking to raise additional finance on top of your existing mortgage or buy to let mortgage? – we have access to a range of finance solutions
Use our mortgage advice service for expert help: