Available from 1 – 90 days. So whether you need that last bit of practice before your test or you’re getting behind the wheel for the first time, you can select a policy duration that fits your needs
Compare Car Insurance Quotes
Compare 100+ Car Insurance Providers
- Low Cost Car Cover
- Save time & money
- Buy Online
- Speedy quotes – Easy quote form – we’ve cut the tricky questions so you can get cover faster than ever
- Cover that’s right for you – Choose the level of cover you need
- Buy online or by phone
- You could save time and money
- Must be 17 and hold a valid EU driving license and permanently resident in the UK
- Maximum age 96
*51% of consumers could save £200. We work with Quotezone who split the providers on their system into different categories. Quotes were selected from the high volume sales providers as well as quotes from other providers which returned a price. Based on UK insurance market share data made available by the ABI, by way of a weighted selection process, Quotezone selected the cheapest of either the high volume sales providers or other providers (“the cheapest selected quote”). They then compared the cheapest quote on their system against the cheapest selected quote. They then took the savings figure which 51% or over could have saved using that formula. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.
- 97% of customers would buy from Admiral again. Based on 6726 respondents between January & June 2021
- Immediate family cover – with multi vehicle insurance. No need to be all at same address
- *10% of customers who provided a best alternative price saved £239 between January and June 2021
- 21 million policies: Over the past 28 years, the Admiral Group has served millions of policies to our vast customer base.
- Minimum age – Must be 17 and hold a valid EU driving license and permanently resident in the UK
- Maximum age – Up to and including age 95
- Get the practice you need whenever you want
- Protects the vehicle owners No Claims Discount
- All temporary learner driver policies from Tempcover come with comprehensive cover as standard
- Must be 17 and older and have been a UK resident for a minimum of 12 months. To get a quote you’ll need:
- Any driver is allowed to supervise as long as they are over 21 and have held a full UK driving licence for at least three years (as long as they do not have a DR coded conviction within the last 5 years).
- Partnered with the best brands
- Comparative quotes
- Available in just a few moments
- Award winning UK call centre
- Cover can begin immediately
- Preventing loss of existing No Claims Bonus
- Multi award winning business
- Must be 17 and older and have been a UK resident for a minimum of 12 months
phone prices when you buy online
50% off your AA or RAC renewal quote
For vehicles 10 years & under on our closest equivalent UK vehicle cover
- Up to 40% off phone prices when you buy online
- 4 Levels of Cover, incorporating: Roadside Assistance, National Recovery, Onward Travel & Cover at Home
- ‘No callout’ discount on renewal
- Green Flag don’t charge extra for using specialist lifting equipment if you breakdown off-road
- 4/5 customers would recommend Green Flag to friends and family
- Rescue cover – from £25 pa*
- Unlimited call outs (as long as it’s not for the same problem)
- In addition to covering your vehicle, you are covered when driving or travelling as a passenger in any vehicle in the UK (only if you have personal cover and the vehicle is under 16 years old and is privately registered in and being used in the UK)
*10% of customers achieve this price online. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited
Compare Aviva car insurance
Some of the features of AVIVA car insurance include:
- A UK-based call centre team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year if you need to make a claim.
- A Personal Claim Manager to ensure that you are kept fully informed throughout your claim.
- The potential to get a guaranteed protected no claim discount for the life of your car insurance policy — regardless of the number of claims you make, we promise you won’t see any increase in your premium as a result of any claims (subject to terms and conditions)
- Following an accident Aviva recovery will be with you on average in less than 45 minutes to assist you.
- Defaqto 5 Star Rating provides you with independent expert reassurance about the quality of cover provided.
In addition, if you choose Aviva multicar insurance you could benefit from:
- Up to 1/3 off your insurance with Aviva Multicar when you add a second car to your car insurance policy.**
- Choose different levels of cover and excess, or each vehicle.
- Option to cover cars and vans on the same policy.
- Separate no claims discount for each vehicle covered – if one vehicle has an accident, this will not affect the no claims discount on other vehicles covered by the policy
- Add your second vehicle when it suits you – Aviva can give you a guaranteed quote now, even if you add your second vehicle at a later date (The guaranteed price for your second vehicle is valid if no changes are made to your current quote).
- Uninsured driver promise — if you’re hit by an uninsured driver and it wasn’t your fault, your no claims discount will be protected**
You can choose from 3 different types of cover, each with their own features, costs and benefits, which means you can choose the right level of car cover to suit you. Cover from Aviva includes:
- Loss or damage to your vehicle
Cover if your vehicle is lost, stolen or damaged
- Your liability
Protection if you injure someone or damage their vehicle or property in an accident
- Uninsured driver cover
If you’re in an accident with an uninsured driver that was not your fault
- Vehicle recovery
AVIVA will make your vehicle roadworthy with roadside repairs, or cover up to £150 for accommodation or public transport
- Driving other cars
Motor Cover for driving someone else’s car (if you’re aged 25 or over) 3
- Legal costs
Cover for legal costs if you’re involved in an accident
- Motor injury protection
Cover for you, your partner and named drivers for death or serious injury after a motor accident
- Individual no claim discount
Earn a no claims discount on each vehicle you insure
Additional Aviva cover options include breakdown, no claims discount protection, legal expenses, courtesy car, european cover.
Compare AVIVA With 100+ Car Insurance Providers
- Low Cost Car Cover
- Save time & money
- Buy Online
Why Do I Need Car Insurance?
Compare Car Insurance
Car Insurance in the UK is compulsory under the 1988 Road Traffic Act and it is an offence to take a car onto a public highway without at least third party insurance in place.
Most basic car insurance policies cover third party, fire and theft covering third party liabilities as well as damage to the car caused by fire or loss due to theft. Comprehensive car insurance which is more expensive covers third party, fire and theft but also covers any damage caused by the driver to the car being driven.
According to the Motor Insurers Bureau uninsured drivers (approximately two million motorists according to the department of transport) inflict approximately £380 million of damage on UK roads which is passed on in higher insurance premiums.
Under the law a car must have a valid car insurance policy if it is taxed or not or whether it is kept on a public highway or not and whether it is driven or not.
If a car is not being used its tax disc must be redeemed and the relevent declaration (SORN) completed to confirm that the car is being kept off public roads. The scheme will provide a new fixed penalty for people who ignore official reminders that their insurance has expired. the maximum penalty for offenders is £5,000 and an automatic endorsement of your driver license with 6 to 8 penalty points.
What Are The Different Types Of Car Insurance
Type of Car Insurance
Car Insurance Features
Comprehensive Car Insurance
|As the name suggests provides cover both to third parties but also to you and your own car and passengers in the event of an accident. This type of cover usually allows you to drive another car (may only be on a third party basis).|
Car Legal Expenses Insurance
Normally sold as an add on to car insurance and provides legal expense cover in the event of a dispute e.g. if you are in an accident that is not your fault you may wish to claim back uninsured losses and legal expense cover will help you fund the legal costs.
Third Party Car Insurance
|Third party car insurance is the minimum cover required by UK law on a vehicle used ona public highway. If you have an accident this cover will protect you from having to pay for damage to other vehicles. You cannot make a claim against your own vehicle.|
Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
|In addition to covering third party liabilites this cover also provides financial protection in the event of damage to your car in the event of fire or loss due to theft.|
How Do I Get The Best Car Insurance Rates?
Things to consider:
If you are under 25 you will generally pay more for car insurance. For teenagers the cost of car insurance can be very high. Some insurers provide young driver car insurance schemes e.g. The Co-op and Young Marmalade provide specialist insurance for younger drivers
To keep the cost of car insurance down many insurers provide you with the option of a voluntary excess on any claim. This is paid over and above any compulsory excess on the policy.
In the past specialist women’s car insurance providers could offer a better deal. Women generally tend to make less expensive claims than men, and so insurance companies historically reflected this in offering cheaper premiums. However, in March 2012, the European Court of Justice ruled that insurance providers cannot discriminate on gender. This ruling came into effect from December 2012.
Some car insurers will adjust their car insurance premium based on the mileage you do. It is important you give an accurate indication of expected annual mileage to ensure you are not paying more than you need to. Check with your existing car insurer (if relevant) – If you already have an existing car check with your existing insurer about adding a second car onto the policy. Some car insurance companies will provide you with a discount for including a second vehicle – often called multi car insurance.
Using a Comparison website
Online comparison websites provide a useful and easy way of getting car insurance quotes. No car insurance comparison website covers the whole market so it makes sense to use more than one source to ensure you are getting the right cover at the right price. You should also note that some insurance companies do not appear on comparison websites e.g. Direct Line Car Insurance and Aviva Car Insurance
Using a Car Insurance broker
If you are not sure what cover you need or want somebody to help you through the process there are many car insurance brokers who will be happy to help. A good insurance broker will not help you in buying car insurance but also provide support in the event that you need to make a claim.If you intend to use a broker you should check their FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) registration on the FCA website.
Providing correct information
In assessing the insurance risk an insurance company will rely on the information that you give as being accurate. Information provided will determine whether insurance is provided and the cost of premiums. It is therefore important that any information you provide is correct e.g. information on any driving offences where you have been given points can have a material impact on the premium you are required to pay. Non disclosure of such information at the time of application can result in a non payout in the event of a claim. If you are using a car insurance broker this is where valuable advice can be provided.
Cheapest is not always best
With insurance you generally get what you pay for so before you sign up to an insurance policy you should be aware of what you are covered for and what is excluded. You should consider what you need and ensure you are adequately covered. This may mean you have to pay more to get what you want.
When you buy car insurance and you pay by direct debit some insurance companies will automatically renew your car insurance policy at the renewal date. You should receive a written notice of the car insurance renewal and any increase in the premium. If you are not happy you need to be proactive and shop around before the renewal date and cancel the existing policy before renewal.
Changing your mind
You have the right to change your mind within a set period normally 14 days from purchase of the car insurance policy and have your money returned.
Car Insurance Providers
- AA Car Insurance
- Abbey Car Insurance
- Admiral Car Insurance
- Admiral Multi Car insurance
- Adrian Flux Car Insurance
- AIG Car Insurance
- Alliance and Leicester Car Insurance
- Allianz Car Insurance
- ASDA Car Insurance
- AVIVA Car Insurance
- Aviva Pay As You Drive Insurance
- Aviva Short Term Car Insurance
- AXA Car Insurance
- Barclays Car Insurance
- Bell Car Insurance
- Bell Direct Car Insurance
- BMW Car Insurance
- Budget Car Insurance
- Castle Cover Car Insurance
- Churchill Car Insurance
- CIS Car Insurance
- Click4Gap Car Insurance
- Co-op Car Insurance
- Columbus Motor Insurance
- Confused.com Car Insurance
- Confused.com Car Insurance Quotes
- Cornhill Car Insurance
- Cornhill Direct Car Insurance
- Debenhams Car Insurance
- Dial Direct Car Insurance
- Diamond Car Insurance
- Direct Line Car Insurance
- Direct Line Multi Car Insurance
- Eagle Star Car Insurance
- eCar Insurance
- Egg Car Insurance
- Elephant Car Insurance
- Endsleigh Car Insurance
- Equity Red Star Car Insurance
- esure Car Insurance
- Express Car Insurance
- First Alternative Car Insurance
- First Direct Car Insurance
- Ford Car Insurance
- Fortis Car Insurance
- GoCompare Car Insurance
- Green Insurance Company Car Insurance
- Greenbee Car Insurance
- Halifax Car Insurance
- Hastings Car Insurance
- Hastings Direct Car Insurance
- HSBC Car Insurance
- ibuyeco Car Insurance
- Insurance Choice Car Insurance
- Insurepink Car Insurance
- insurance.co.uk Car Insurance
- Insurancewide Car Insurance
- its4me Car Insurance
- John Lewis Car Insurance
- Kwik-Fit Car Insurance
- LV= (Liverpool Victoria) Car Insurance
- Lloyds Car Insurance
- M&S Car Insurance
- Moneysupermarket Car Insurance
- More Than Car Insurance
- Natwest Car Insurance
- Nissan Car Insurance
- Norwich Union Car Insurance
- Norwich Union Direct car insurance
- Norwich Union Pay As You Drive car insurance
- Post Office Car Insurance
- Privilege Car Insurance
- Provident Car Insurance
- Provisional Marmalade Car Insurance
- Prudential Car Insurance
- Quinn Car Insurance
- Quinn Direct Car Insurance
- Quote Me Happy
- RAC Car Insurance
- Renault Car Insurance Quotes
- Rover Car Insurance Quotes
- Saga Car Insurance
- Sainsbury’s Bank Car Insurance
- Santander Car Insurance
- Screentrade Car Insurance
- Sheilas’ Wheels Car Insurance
- Skipton Car Insurance
- Swiftcover Car Insurance
- Swinton Car Insurance
- Tesco Car Insurance
- Tesco Compare Car Insurance
- The Co-operative Car Insurance
- Toyota Car Insurance
- Vauxhall Car Insurance
- Virgin Money Car Insurance
- Volvo Car Insurance
- Yes Car Insurance
- Young Marmalade
- Zenith Car Insurance
- Zurich Connect Car Insurance