Unoccupied Commercial Buildings Insurance

Compare Unoccupied Commercial Buildings Insurance Deals

If you need to leave your commercial property unoccupied for 30 days or more, you may need specialist unoccupied commercial buildings insurance. Unoccupied commercial buildings insurance covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your business premise in the event of things going wrong. Our free comparison table below can help to make sure you get the best commercial buildings insurance deals around:

  • View deals side by side
  • Compare deals and online discounts
  • Apply for free quotes

Just click on the links in the table to find out more about commercial buildings insurance:

Unoccupied Commercial Building Insurance Quotes
ProviderRental ProtectionMulti Property QuotesPublic and Property Liability CoverSpecial FeaturesGet Quotes
YesyesGet QuotesPRICE GUARANTEE - beat any renewal quote on like for like cover.* Find cheap landlord insurance - Fast online quotes - multi property insurance - loss of rent cover - all tenant types coveredGet Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesSave up to 35% on your Landlord insurance** - Cover for Professionals, Student Lets, DSS and many more - One property or portfolio our partners can helpGet Quotes >
YesyesStandard Cover Up to £2m Direct Line Landlord Insurance with prices from £115 a year 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesCompare the best prices and policies for landlords. Quick quotes with all risks and multi properties covered by our UK insurance providers.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesFill in one form to compare landlord insurance deals from a range of providers and find the right one for you.Get Quotes >
YesyesCover Up to £2mWe cater for all types of Landlords Building Insurance. Multi-Quote's available, buy online now.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesGet quotes instantly and find the cover you need at a price that suits you. Immediate cover available. Arranged by Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who source products from a panel of insurers, ensuring you get the right cover at a competitive price.Get Quotes >

*New customers only. Minimum premiums apply. Proof of alternative quote may be required. Based on the same level of cover.

**Save up to 35% on your Landlord Insurance - Get a Quote Today »

What is unoccupied commercial buildings insurance?

Unoccupied business buildings insurance covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your business premises if damaged or destroyed while unoccupied. An empty commercial property can be more vulnerable to damage from vandalism and flooding, among other things, so you should ensure you have good quality unoccupied commercial property insurance in place before you leave your business building empty for any length of time over 30 days.

What can be covered by unoccupied commercial building insurance?

The right unoccupied commercial building insurance policy will cover you for a range of eventualities that might lead to damage to your unoccupied commercial property, such as:

  • burst pipes
  • falling trees
  • fire and smoke damage
  • flooding
  • damage due to riots or other human causes
  • storm damage
  • subsidence
  • theft from the building itself i.e. roof slates

I own the building outright – do I still need unoccupied business building insurance?

Even if you own your business premises outright you must still take into account buildings insurance to protect you against the potential costs of repairs or reconstruction of your property due to damage while it’s unoccupied.

How much should I insure my business building for while it is empty?

You should make sure that you insure your unoccupied commercial building against the price of reconstructing the property, not against its sale value or current value.