Overseas Home Insurance

Compare Overseas Home Insurance Across UK Market

Great Home Insurance Offers!

Compare Over 45+ UK Home Insurance Quotes!

  • One short form to complete
  • Compare UK building, contents, or combined home insurance providers
  • Find a policy to suit your needs!
Get Home Insurance Quotes »
Insurance Offered
Compare over 45 UK home insurance providers
Easy Quote Form
You could save up to £201*. Save time and money. One short form to complete, tailor a policy to suit your needs and compare providers
51% of consumers could save £201.06 on their Home Building & Contents Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next fourteen cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from January 2024. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances.

Overseas Home Insurance

Compare Overseas Home Insurance Quotes

For many of us it is a dream to own a holiday home, but for the people who are lucky enough to own one it can be a nightmare if it is burgled, damaged or vandalised. Overseas home insurance is one way of protecting yourself against these risks. Standard home insurance polices will normally become void if a property is left unoccupied for more then 30 days so are therefore not suitable for overseas properties. There are a number of companies who will be able to provide affordable overseas home insurance quotes.

Building insurance

Building cover is an important part of overseas home insurance as it helps cover the cost of any damage relating to the structure of the property, such as damage to the roof, as well as any permanent fixtures.

Because an overseas property is not lived in as much, things such as subsidence or flood damage may not be spotted until significant harm had been done.  When it comes to overseas home insurance, the extent of the buildings cover you take out should realistically be enough to cover rebuilding the property.

Contents insurance

Contents cover will insure you against damage to or theft of your belongings. The level of cover you need and how much it costs is dependant upon the value of the possessions you keep in your overseas home.

Making overseas home insurance cheaper

Here are a few measures that can be taken which might reduce the cost of premiums that companies providing home insurance will quote you:

  • Fit the property with locks and alarms
  • Maintain the property by insulting the pipes
  • Offer to pay more excess to lower your premiums