Accidental Damage Home Insurance

Compare the UK Market

Great Home Insurance Offers!

Compare Over 45+ UK Home Insurance Quotes!

  • One short form to complete
  • Compare UK building, contents, or combined home insurance providers
  • Find a policy to suit your needs!
Get Home Insurance Quotes »
Insurance Offered
Compare over 45 UK home insurance providers
Easy Quote Form
You could save up to £201*. Save time and money. One short form to complete, tailor a policy to suit your needs and compare providers
51% of consumers could save £201.06 on their Home Building & Contents Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next fourteen cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from January 2024. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances.

Accidental Damage Home Insurance

Accidental damage home insurance protects you against any non-deliberate or unexpected accidents that may occur in your house. Some buildings and contents home insurance policies will also include accidental damage that occurs on other parts of your property as well (e.g. garden and garage.)

See the tables to compare a wide range of different deals to make sure you find the right accidental damage home insurance cover for you, at the best price.

There is a difference between buildings and contents insurance and it is important to establish the difference between them first:

  • Buildings insurance will be required if you have a mortgage, to protect and secure your property. Most adequate buildings insurance policies will cover your house in the case that it becomes badly damaged and needs rebuilding. You are covered from uncontrollable damage, from events such as storms, floods, explosions, major fire damage or third party vandalism.
  • Contents insurance protects all items within your house (e.g. TVs, jewellery and appliances.)There are two policies, one is ‘indemnity’ in which you will receive a pay out that reflects the state and age of the damaged item. The other is the ‘old for new’ policy and for a little extra cost, will replace your items for newer versions if they are damaged or stolen.

Accidental damage home insurance can either be a part of your buildings or contents insurance policy or for fully comprehensive cover you can extend your cover to both.

If you make an accidental damage claim on you buildings insurance, you will most likely be covered for things such as broken windows, damage to tiles and ceramics, putting your foot through the attic floor, damage to underground drains etc. With contents insurance, most claims made are for spilt drinks, damaged upholstery, knocked over appliances and broken glass and mirrors.

Remember that most insurance policies will not cover any damage caused by pets. Check your buildings and contents insurance as you may already have accidental damage cover.