Over 50s Home Insurance
Compare Best UK Home Insurance Offers For Over 50s
- Pay monthly at no extra cost (0% APR Representative)
- No hidden admin fees
- Low standard excess of just £45‡
- ‘New for Old’ cover
- Choice of buildings or contents insurance or both
- Buildings insurance for up to £500,000†
- Contents insurance for up to £60,000
- Award-winning service^
- Home insurance designed for the needs of over 50s
What’s not covered
- Buildings Insurance – Loss or damage caused by weight of snow. Loss or damage to gates and fences caused by storm or flood.
- Contents Insurance – Loss or damage caused by weight of snow. Theft or attempted theft when your home or any part of it is lent, let or sublet to or occupied by someone who is not a member of your family, unless force causing damage to the main building of the home was used to get in or out of the building.
- General policy exclusions applicable to all sections and optional extras – Property more specifically covered by another policy of insurance. Any criminal or deliberate act by you or your family. Loss or damage caused by wear and tear, loss of value or lack of maintenance.
- A personal claims manager if you need to move out of your home due to a claim
- Worldwide protection for your credit cards, debit cards and cash up to £500
- Cover for underground pipes comes as standard, so any accidental damage to those you are responsible for between your property and the mains is taken care of
- No need to specify single items worth less than £2,500 such as jewelry and paintings kept within the home
What’s not covered
- Home cover does not include loss or damage to valuables, personal belongings and pedal cycles when away from the home (available with Saga additional cover options – Personal Belongings Cover and Specified Pedal Cycles Outside the Home Cover).
- Home cover does not include loss or damage to contents in student accommodation.
- Certain loss or damage when your home is lent, shared, let or sub-let.
Home Insurance For Over 50s
When it comes to finding over 50s home insurance, there can be a number of distinct advantages to being a little older.
People who are looking for home insurance for the over 50s should be able to quickly find a number of home insurance quotes from a number of different home insurance providers. Many insurers could offer lower premiums based on the fact that over 50s are less likely to make a claim than their younger counterparts.
This decreased probability of having to make a serious payout means there are insurance providers competing for the over 50s home insurance market. This means that savvy consumers should be able to exploit this competition to get the best deals.
These premiums can be lowered further if you live in an area with a low crime rate, have good quality locks and alarms fitted and maintain the property regularly.
The detail of particular polices for over 50s home insurance will vary but a bit of shopping around may throw up things like:
- The offer of having higher buildings and contents cover
- ‘New for old’ contents cover which will mean that damaged or stolen items are replaced with brand new ones
- Some insurers may offer discounts on upgrading security systems and locks
- Additional protection for periods when the house is unoccupied
- Contents cover extensions to encompass the property’s garden as well