Compare Transit Van Insurance Deals
Compare Transit Van Insurance Quotes
When you’re looking for Transit van insurance, it’s important to shop around and make sure you find a deal that offers value for money and comprehensive protection for your Transit van. Use our van insurance comparison service to help you save money on your Transit van insurance. We make it easy to compare deals with our free online service - check out the table below for the latest offers and compare personalised quotes from across the market:
|Provider||Replacement Van||Max Weight||Multi Van Cover||Additional Benefits||Apply|
The Van Insurer Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Quotes from 50 brokers - compare more van insurance brokers than any other price comparison site. Cheapest van insurance price, guaranteed||Get Quotes >|
RAC Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Van Insurance cover for under £182. Up to £100,000 of Motor Legal cover, 24/7 motoring legal helpline, windscreen cover for comprehensive policies, accidental damage and vandalism cover for comprehensive policies. RAC members pay £118 less on average for RAC Van Insurance than non-members||Get Quotes >|
Direct Line Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Direct Line Van Insurance with prices from £182 a year. 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.||Get Quotes >|
AXA Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Van insurance from just £211 a year. 5-star Defaqto Rating. Business, courier or personal van insurance. 10% online discount and up to 60% no claims discount. 98% of van insurance claims paid out||Get Quotes >|
Zenith Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Motor Legal Protection as standard, choice of excess, 24/7 emergency helpline, guaranteed repairs, free courtesy vehicle, cover for audio & navigation equipment, windscreen cover, replacement locks and personal belongings. Plus optional extras||Get Quotes >|
Why do I need specialist van insurance?
Just as with a car, it’s essential to make sure that you have up to date van insurance to protect yourself and other road users in the event of an accident. Unless your Transit van has been declared off road, you must have up to date van insurance or you could be liable for a fine or driving ban if caught uninsured.
Of course, as a Transit van owner, you probably rely on your van for your livelihood. Not having the right van insurance could also affect your job if you use your Transit van for work. The tables on this page can make it a lot easier to select just the right van insurance product for your needs.
Types of van insurance
Policy options for your Transit van insurance include:
- Third party only insurance – this is the minimum level of vehicle insurance required by law in the UK and covers damage to property or injury to others caused by your vehicle. However, it doesn’t cover damage to your own vehicle.
- Third party fire and theft – this type of insurance covers the same things as third party only insurance, with the addition of cover for damage to your vehicle by fire or the loss of your vehicle through theft.
- Comprehensive insurance – this type of insurance will cover you for the same eventualities as third party fire and theft, plus loss or damage to your vehicle, personal effects cover, windscreen damage, accidental damage, and even medical expenses.
- Telematics insurance – this type of insurance involves installing a ‘black box’ in your vehicle that tracks how you drive, meaning that you could receive cheaper premiums for showing safe driving behaviours.
What does van insurance cover?
Things covered by a good Transit van insurance policies could include:
- 24 hour van accident recovery
- Medical expenses for injury caused in an accident
- Cover for a variety of van usage including carriage of own goods, carriage of goods for hire or reward, and haulage
- New for old cover on vans less than 12 months old
- Van Breakdown cover
- Cover for item carried in the van such as tools or goods
- Van windscreen repair or replacement
- Courtesy vans are often available in the event of an accident, providing that the van has not been written off
- Legal expenses cover - If you get into an accident in your van and it’s not your fault, you will want to claim back your excess and other costs, for example vehicle hire, from the negligent driver. Most importantly, the recovery of these costs will maintain your no-claims bonus.
Use our FREE comparison service that lets you look at deals from some of the UK's leading insurers to help you find the best Transit van insurance for your needs that offers comprehensive cover and good value for money.