Instant cover, cost-effective and flexible options, we’re confident you can find a policy to suit your needs. Getting a customised quote takes a couple of minutes and you can be covered instantly.
Van Insurance For Learners
- Partnered with the best brands
- Comparative quotes
- Available in just a few moments
- Award winning UK call centre
- Cover can begin immediately
- Preventing loss of existing No Claims Bonus
- Multi award winning business
- Must be 17 and older and have been a UK resident for a minimum of 12 months
- Get the practice you need whenever you want
- Protects the vehicle owners No Claims Discount
- All temporary learner driver policies from Tempcover come with comprehensive cover as standard
- Must be 17 and older and have been a UK resident for a minimum of 12 months. To get a quote you’ll need:
- Any driver is allowed to supervise as long as they are over 21 and have held a full UK driving licence for at least three years (as long as they do not have a DR coded conviction within the last 5 years).
- Learner Driver can get as much extra practice as they like
- If it’s someone else’s car you are using, this independent policy removes the risk of any negative effect to their own policy – like losing their No Claims Bonus discount
- A more cost effective way to practice in addition to your driving lessons
- Flexibility to arrange instant cover when you need some extra driving practice from just 1 day
- Comprehensive cover on the vehicle whilst the learner is driving
- Accompanying driver must be a Full Licence holder, must be between 25-72 years of age, and must have held a Full UK, EEA or E Driving Licence for a minimum of 3 years
Van Insurance For Learners
Learner drivers and young drivers are the most likely to be involved in an accident and to make a large scale claim. For this reason, it is perhaps unsurprising that most insurance companies will pass this increased risk onto learners in the form of increased premiums. The only real way to get around this situation is to compare different van insurance quotes and to scrutinise the details of each policy.
There are a number of things that may bring down the cost of van insurance policies for learners, here are some suggestions:
Buy an older van as your first vehicle, so that the low value means you can build up your no claims without paying the highest premiums
Paying higher excess will mean reduced premiums although you will have to fork out more if you are involved in an accident
Demonstrate to the insurer that your van is kept in a safe place overnight, minimising the risk of any damage to the vehicle that may result in a claim
You should also try and avoid the temptation to ‘front’ you learners van insurance. This is the practice of putting your van in somebody else’s name. If you are found to have done this the policy will become void and many would argue that it is better to begin building up your own no claims bonus than someone else’s.