Van Insurance For Any Driver
The cost of a van insurance quote for any driver may vary a great deal depending on the size of the van, how frequently it is used and how much it will cost to repair damages to it. If you intend to drive a van, it is always important to ensure that you have the adequate level of cover. Please see the table below for a list of comparisons on van insurance quotes from different providers:
|Provider||Replacement Van||Max Weight||Multi Van Cover||Additional Benefits||Apply|
The Van Insurer Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Quotes from 50 brokers - compare more van insurance brokers than any other price comparison site. Cheapest van insurance price, guaranteed||Get Quotes >|
RAC Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Van Insurance cover for under £182. Up to £100,000 of Motor Legal cover, 24/7 motoring legal helpline, windscreen cover for comprehensive policies, accidental damage and vandalism cover for comprehensive policies. RAC members pay £118 less on average for RAC Van Insurance than non-members||Get Quotes >|
Direct Line Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Direct Line Van Insurance with prices from £182 a year. 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.||Get Quotes >|
AXA Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Van insurance from just £211 a year. 5-star Defaqto Rating. Business, courier or personal van insurance. 10% online discount and up to 60% no claims discount. 98% of van insurance claims paid out||Get Quotes >|
Zenith Van Insurance
|3.5 tonnes||Motor Legal Protection as standard, choice of excess, 24/7 emergency helpline, guaranteed repairs, free courtesy vehicle, cover for audio & navigation equipment, windscreen cover, replacement locks and personal belongings. Plus optional extras||Get Quotes >|
Generally speaking, there are three different types of policy to be considered when looking for van insurance for any driver:
- Third party cover will protect you from damage to your own vehicle by another driver. This is the least amount of insurance you can purchase on the road in the UK.
- Third party, fire and theft, covers you as before but with the added benefit of protection from fire damage, lightning and theft.
- Fully comprehensive is the most extensive cover you can get. It will protect you from all of the above including accidental damage and vandalism. Some comprehensive policies also include cover for any driving using the vehicle in the event of any accidents.
When attempting to find a suitable policy, it is important to remember that all insurers will be risk averse when assessing customers on the cost of their insurance. This being said, customers should consider the following factors:
- Any previous convictions, points or penalties on their license, may often increase the cost of premiums
- Claims history and their previous driving record, customers who have claimed in the past will typically be expected to pay more for their cover
- Choosing a higher voluntary excess may reduce the cost of premiums, but will of course increase the cost of making a claim in the event of an accident
Although policies do differ across the board, it is possible for any driver to find van insurance that is competitively priced. There are many insurance providers that offer reasonable quotes, so it is important to search for a few and compare premiums and cover.