Landlord Insurance for Kitchen Appliances

If you let a residential property as furnished, you will know that kitchen appliances can be particurly expensive to replace if they are damaged, as such want some insurance to protect those items. When it comes to landlord insurance for kitchen appliances, in the majority of cases a landlord's contents insurance policy will usually be sufficient.


To try and find right landlord insurance for kitchen appliances that meets your needs you can use the comparison table below to compare a selection of links to landlord insurance quote providers:

Landlord Insurance Deals
ProviderRental ProtectionMulti Property QuotesPublic and Property Liability CoverSpecial FeaturesGet Quotes
YesyesGet QuotesPRICE GUARANTEE - beat any renewal quote on like for like cover.* Find cheap landlord insurance - Fast online quotes - multi property insurance - loss of rent cover - all tenant types coveredGet Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesSave up to 35% on your Landlord insurance** - Cover for Professionals, Student Lets, DSS and many more - One property or portfolio our partners can helpGet Quotes >
YesyesStandard Cover Up to £2m Direct Line Landlord Insurance with prices from £115 a year 10% of customers paid this or less. Based on policies sold 1st November 17 - 30 April 18. Excludes add ons. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesCompare the best prices and policies for landlords. Quick quotes with all risks and multi properties covered by our UK insurance providers.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesFill in one form to compare landlord insurance deals from a range of providers and find the right one for you.Get Quotes >
YesyesCover Up to £2mWe cater for all types of Landlords Building Insurance. Multi-Quote's available, buy online now.Get Quotes >
YesyesGet QuotesGet quotes instantly and find the cover you need at a price that suits you. Immediate cover available. Arranged by Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who source products from a panel of insurers, ensuring you get the right cover at a competitive price.Get Quotes >

*New customers only. Minimum premiums apply. Proof of alternative quote may be required. Based on the same level of cover.

**Save up to 35% on your Landlord Insurance - Get a Quote Today »

Landlord insurance for kitchen appliances

Landlord’s contents insurance will most likely cover your kitchen appliances and other white goods. However, insurance providers may need to be made aware of any particularly expensive items, to ensure that landlords will not be forced to pay for the repairs or replacement, such as particularly high end cookers or fridges.


Although contents insurance will in many instances be enough to pay for damages or losses of this kind, the cost of checks and maintenance may in some cases have to be met by the landlord. For this reason, a number of insurance companies have decided to offer separate landlord insurance for kitchen appliances in order to address these costs.


It should be remembered that in accordance with the Gas Safety Act, all gas related household appliances must be adequately maintained by landlords in accordance with UK laws and must be subject to regular checks.


Unfortunately, the cost of repairing and maintaining these items has become increasingly expensive and many property owners are considering landlord insurance for kitchen appliances as an increasingly valid option.


However you may be able to find a standard landlord’s contents insurance policy that comprehensively meets your requirements for kitchen appliance cover. You may want to particularly look into a combined policy that includes contents cover with other important areas of landlord insurance such as buildings cover and landlord’s liability cover.


When you consider your different landlord contents insurance policies you may find a choice of indemnity coverage or ‘new for old’ policies:

  • Indemnity cover – If you take out this type of cover and make a claim to replace a kitchen appliance or other insured item, the insurer will take into consideration any depreciation in value the item might have sustained since it’s time of purchase, such as natural wear and tear. This means they will pay you what the value of the product likely was at the time of claim and not necessarily what you originally paid for the item.


  • New for old cover – New for old cover will do just that and replace any item you make a claim on with a brand new item, because of this new for old policies may attract higher premiums.