Sainsbury's Home Insurance

Compare Sainsbury's home insurance

Compare - Latest Home Insurance Deals
ProviderBuildings Max Std CoverContents Max Std CoverFeatures:Get Quotes
Rebuild Cost£50,000

5 Star home insurance from just £99
10% of all customers buying home buildings and contents insurance with us from June 2017 to August 2017 paid £99 or less (Source: Aviva). The price you pay will depend upon individual circumstances, cover chosen and payment method selected.

Get Quotes >
£1 million£100,000

Over 50s Home Cover - Buildings and contents insurance from £141 a year – 51% of customers who paid annually and took out a new policy between May and July 2015 paid this or even less

Get Quotes >

Five star rated Platinum Home Insurance.
(Moneyfacts Home Insurance 2018). Choose from three levels of cover, covering some or all of: home emergency, boiler cover, family legal protection, accidental damage on both buildings and contents, personal possessions, bicycles, matching items, trace and access. Plus add optional extras. 24-hour Emergency Helpline

Get Quotes >


UK's number 1 rated home insurance provider. We compare policies from leading providers as well as our own to find you the right cover. Prices fixed for 2 years

Get Quotes >

Great value 'Defaqto' 5 Star rated cover. £1 million cover if you need to rebuild your home, choose up to £150,000 for your contents cover, 24-hour UK emergency helpline

Get Quotes >

5 Star Defaqto award-winning insurer.
Pay monthly at no extra cost (0% APR Representative). Low excess of just £45 (apart from escaping water and subsidence). No hidden admin fees. 'New for old' cover. Age UK Home Insurance is administered by Ageas Retail Limited and provided by a limited panel of insurers.

Get Quotes >


Get a quote today and you could save 15% when you buy online. (Discount includes introductory and web discount, first year premium only. Minimum Premiums apply)

Get Quotes >

Get quotes from over 65 trusted home insurance brands in minutes. 20% of consumers could achieve a saving of £158 with (based on independent research by Consumer Intelligence during 1 October to 31 October 2016)

Get Quotes >

*There is no total sum insured, but other limits apply including single article and total valuables limits.

** Up to 50% offer includes introductory 25% discount applied to annual home insurance premium and not to additional extras. £30 gift card applies when purchasing new combined cover.

***99% of people who had a buildings and contents quote during May 2012 received a discount of at least 15%.

♦ Not available to customers renewing their existing cover

 ****Discount applies when you buy buildings and contents together. 30% combined and 20% online discount deducted consecutively. Excludes optional covers. Minimum premiums apply. New customers only.

Compare - Home and Contents Insurance Quotes
Provided via:Total Number of InsurersContents InsuranceBuilding InsuranceLandlord & Tenant InsuranceGet Quotes
40+YesYesYesGet Quotes >

Is Sainsbury’s home insurance right for you?

Sainsbury's offer a range of home insurance options through Sainsbury's Bank. These include buildings insurance, contents insurance and joint buildings and contents insurance. They also offer a number of optional extras to help you build a comprehensive home insurance policy that gives you everything you need for complete peace of mind.


Choosing a Sainsbury’s home insurance policy

Sainsbury's offers two levels of insurance: Standard and Premier. Sainsbury's Premier cover has been awarded a 5 star rating by Defaqto.


Sainsbury’s offers a range of incentives for new customers:

  • Up to 35% introductory discount for nectar card holders
  • If you take out a combined policy then they will give you a shopping voucher to spend at Sainsbury’s
  • If you take out a combined purchase then you will receive double nectar points on Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel for a year


Sainsbury's Buildings Insurance

Standard: Up to £1 million of buildings cover

Premier: Unlimited Buildings cover


Both levels offer:

  • Alternative accommodation if your home becomes inhabitable
  • Loss or theft of keys
  • Trace and access to help you locate leaks within your home


Sainsbury's Contents Insurance

Standard: Up to £50,000 of contents cover

Premier: Up to £100,000 of contents cover


Both levels offer:

  • Cover for digitally downloaded information, such as films, games and music
  • Cover for garden items such as furniture, gates, BBQs and lawnmowers
  • Student belongings while your child is living away at home


Optional extra cover

As well as the standard protection offered with Sainsbury's home insurance policies, you can also choose from the following add-ons for an additional fee:

  • Accidental damage cover (for both buildings and contents)
  • Home emergency cover (e.g. for boiler breakdowns or burst pipes)
  • Personal possessions cover (protects your valuables outside the home)
  • Key cover (replacement for lost or damaged keys and locks, plus locksmith charges)


Questions to ask when choosing home insurance

When you’re choosing your home insurance, there are many things to consider. We’ve narrowed down some of the key elements of home insurance which you should be looking for.


Do they offer enough cover for you needs?

Do you need building and contents insurance? It’s generally advised that you take out both but it does depend on your individual circumstances.


You should also make sure your home is covered for the rebuild value rather than the market value. Additionally, many people underestimate the value of their possessions, so be sure to carefully cost your contents to make sure the policy will be enough to cover it all.


Does your policy include New for Old replacement?

This is offered as standard with most (but not all) contents policies now, but it is still worth checking. It means if an item needs replacing you will receive a similar but new product to the old item, rather than the value of the old one.


What excess are you able to pay?

When you make a claim on your insurance policy you will have to pay an excess. This normally comes in two parts: a compulsory excess and a voluntary excess. The compulsory part is set by your insurer whereas the voluntary part is set by you. The higher the voluntary excess, the lower your monthly premiums will be.


Does your building have a special feature?

Some buildings, such as listed buildings and buildings with a flat or thatched roof may not be covered by standard insurance. You will thus need to look for specialist cover that matches your needs.