More Than Home Insurance

Compare More Than Home Insurance With UK Market

Compare Over 40+ Home Insurers

  • One short form to complete
  • Compare UK home & contents providers
  • Find a policy to suit your needs!

Get Home Insurance Quotes »

Home & Contents Insurance Offers!
Insurance Offered
Compare over 45 UK home insurance providers
Easy Quote Form
You could save up to £201*. Save time and money. One short form to complete, tailor a policy to suit your needs and compare providers
51% of consumers could save £201.06 on their Home Building & Contents Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next fourteen cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from January 2024. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances.

More Than Home Insurance

Home Insurance is a way to be financially prepared for an emergency situation at home. Repairing your home or rebuying lost or stolen contents can be expensive, so it can be a relief to know you’re covered given any eventuality.

Home insurance comes in many forms but it basically falls in to three categories: buildings insurance, contents insurance and a combination of the both. Providers will usually give you the option to tailor a cover package to suit you, offering a range of extras varying from accidental damage cover to legal support.

Choosing a More Than home insurance policy

With a More Than home insurance policy you can benefit from the following:

  • Up to £1,000,000 buildings cover as standard
  • Up to £1000,00 for the contents in your home
  • Alternative accommodation provided if your home needs repairs
  • New for Old replacements of your damaged items
  • Storm damage included, if you lose any roof tiles or worse they will cover it – this doesn’t include any damage to fences, hedges and gates
  • UK-based 24 hour call centre

Optional policy upgrades

You can upgrade your cover with the following features to build a truly comprehensive policy that offers all the protection you need.

Trace and Access

With upgraded buildings insurance, you can receive up to £5000 trace and access cover which means that after a leak is fixed they will replace the part of your home that has been damaged during the access. If water freezing in the pipe is what caused the leak then they will replace the damaged pipe.

Accidental Damage

This covers accidents around the home. You can add this to either your buildings or contents insurance, a £250 excess does apply.

Personal Possessions

This add-on gives you cover for items worth less then £1,000 for the devices you carry around with you, like your mobile phone and jewellery. You can also cover ‘Personal Money’ up to £500.

Bicycle Cover

More and more people are cycling but they are often left unattended and are prone to damage. This will cover you up to £1,500 per bicycle

What isn’t normally covered by home insurance?

When you take out a home insurance policy, it is important to be clear exactly what is and isn’t covered. This will ensure that you don’t have any nasty surprises if you need to make a claim and realise the issue affecting you isn’t covered. It also means you can look at adding optional extra cover where necessary to give you the protection you need.

Wear and Tear

Even with a maximum policy, you are generally unable to claim on anything that has been subject to wear and tear, for example: damage by rust, damp, condensation, fading or frosts.

Repairing Leaks

Policies vary but generally with ‘trace and access’ cover you will be covered for the damage to the building or fixing frozen pipes but not to fix the leak itself. Check your policy carefully for its policy on leaks.

Garden cover

You can take out garden cover with most providers but what is actually covered varies greatly. Many won’t cover fences and gates. Check the fine print of your policy for more details.

Special Features

It’s worth noting that some properties, such as listed buildings or buildings with thatched or flat roofs, may require specialist cover and therefore, would not be covered by a standard policy. Many providers do offer the specialist cover needed so make sure you find the right cover for your property.