Co-operative Home Insurance

Compare Co-op Home Insurance

Compare - Home and Contents Insurance Quotes
Provided via:Total Number of InsurersContents InsuranceBuilding InsuranceLandlord & Tenant InsuranceGet Quotes
40+YesYesYesGet Quotes >
Compare - Latest Home Insurance Deals
ProviderBuildings Max Std CoverContents Max Std CoverFeatures:Get Quotes
Rebuild Cost£50,000

5 Star home insurance from just £99
10% of all customers buying home buildings and contents insurance with us from June 2017 to August 2017 paid £99 or less (Source: Aviva). The price you pay will depend upon individual circumstances, cover chosen and payment method selected.

Get Quotes >
£1 million£100,000

Over 50s Home Cover - Buildings and contents insurance from £141 a year – 51% of customers who paid annually and took out a new policy between May and July 2015 paid this or even less

Get Quotes >

Five star rated Platinum Home Insurance.
(Moneyfacts Home Insurance 2018). Choose from three levels of cover, covering some or all of: home emergency, boiler cover, family legal protection, accidental damage on both buildings and contents, personal possessions, bicycles, matching items, trace and access. Plus add optional extras. 24-hour Emergency Helpline

Get Quotes >

UK's number 1 rated home insurance provider. We compare policies from leading providers as well as our own to find you the right cover. Prices fixed for 2 years

Get Quotes >

Great value 'Defaqto' 5 Star rated cover. £1 million cover if you need to rebuild your home, choose up to £150,000 for your contents cover, 24-hour UK emergency helpline

Get Quotes >

5 Star Defaqto award-winning insurer.
Pay monthly at no extra cost (0% APR Representative). Low excess of just £45 (apart from escaping water and subsidence). No hidden admin fees. 'New for old' cover. Age UK Home Insurance is administered by Ageas Retail Limited and provided by a limited panel of insurers.

Get Quotes >

Get a quote today and you could save 15% when you buy online. (Discount includes introductory and web discount, first year premium only. Minimum Premiums apply)

Get Quotes >

Get quotes from over 65 trusted home insurance brands in minutes. 20% of consumers could achieve a saving of £158 with (based on independent research by Consumer Intelligence during 1 October to 31 October 2016)

Get Quotes >

*There is no total sum insured, but other limits apply including single article and total valuables limits.

** Up to 50% offer includes introductory 25% discount applied to annual home insurance premium and not to additional extras. £30 gift card applies when purchasing new combined cover.

***99% of people who had a buildings and contents quote during May 2012 received a discount of at least 15%.

♦ Not available to customers renewing their existing cover

 ****Discount applies when you buy buildings and contents together. 30% combined and 20% online discount deducted consecutively. Excludes optional covers. Minimum premiums apply. New customers only.

Is Co-operative home insurance right for you?

Home insurance is designed to protect your home against damage to the property itself or to the contents within it. Insurance can cover you against the unexpected, such as: theft, fire, flooding, accidental damage, and a number of other things.


Home insurance falls into three categories:

  • Buildings insurance
  • Contents insurance
  • Combined buildings and contents insurance


Buildings insurance will take care of the actual structure of the buildings and the permanent fixtures within the property, whereas contents insurance will take care of your possessions including your electronics, carpets, curtains, jewellery etc.


The Co-op offer separate insurance policies for buildings and contents cover as well as arrange of optional extras. These policies and extra add-ons offer a variety of helpful features.


Co-operative home insurance features

With all Co-operative home insurance policies you can benefit from:

  • UK call centres for help with your quote and customer service
  • Guaranteed 30% No Claim Discount if no claims or losses within 12 months
  • When you take out a policy with them they will give £10 to support the British Red Cross
  • You can also receive up to 20% off when you buy online


Buildings Insurance

  • Up to £500,000 rebuilding costs to cover against loss or damage to the structure of your home
  • Accidental damage cover for underground pipes, drains and cables
  • Cover for domestic outbuildings at your home address, including sheds, garages and greenhouses
  • Property owner's liability which includes up to £2m plus legal costs


Contents Insurance

  • New for old replacement of items (doesn’t include clothes or household linen)
  • Personal and occupier’s liability up to £2m plus legal costs
  • Up to £2,000 cover from theft from domestic outbuildings
  • Up to £5,000 cover for office equipment in the home
  • Up to £500 cover for visitors personal belongings (limit per visitor)
  • Tailor your policy to your needs by choosing from 4 levels of high risk item limits (£6,000, £9,000, £12,000 or £15,000)


Optional Extras

On top of your standard cover, you can also add the following extras:


Home Emergency cover with HomeRescue Plus

This covers you up to £250 including VAT for certain emergency repairs


Personal Possessions cover

This optional extra allows you to insure your possessions outside of the home


Additional Contents Accidental Damage cover

This optional extra will protect you further for damage such as spilt paint on your carpet or furniture


Additional Buildings Accidental Damage cover

This optional extra will protect you further against DIY accidents such as drilling through a pipe or cable


What is an excess?

Many insurance policies require you to pay out an amount of excess. An excess is the sum you have to pay when you claim on your insurance. Normally, the cheaper the insurance the higher the excess or more restrictions are applied when it comes to claiming.


There are two kinds of excess: a compulsory excess and a voluntary excess. A compulsory excess is set by your insurer and this is what you must pay it when making a claim. A voluntary excess is set by yourself and allows you to minimise your monthly premium by paying more when you make a claim.