GoCompare Home Insurance

Compare GoCompare Home Insurance With UK Market

Compare Over 40+ Home Insurers

  • One short form to complete
  • Compare UK home & contents providers
  • Find a policy to suit your needs!

Get Home Insurance Quotes »

Home & Contents Insurance Offers!
Buildings Insurance
Unlimited buildings cover to rebuild your home (eligibility criteria applies)
Contents Insurance
From £50,000 up to £150k contents cover (depending on policy)
Special Features
If you're looking for cheap home insurance get a quote with Admiral - you could pay as little as £115 if you insure your home*.
Alternative Accomodation

Admiral Home Insurance

Buildings Insurance
£1million to help rebuild your home (unlimited for Home Plus)
Contents Insurance
Up to £100k contents cover (up to £150k for Home Plus)
Special Features
Defaqto 5 Star Rated Home Insurance. Personal claims handler to look after you. 24/7 UK emergency helpline. 25% online discount for new customers
Alternative Accommodation
Home Insurance
Get a quote in less than five minutes
Prices from over 55 brands
Special Features
Save up to 41%*
100% independent

Moneysupermarket Home Insurance Comparison

Buildings Insurance
No Limit
Contents Insurance
No Limit
Special Features
Up To 30% online discount. Comprehensive quote system for buildings and contents insurance. Follow through and answer the quote questions, then if you are happy to proceed, you can take up your quote instantly and securely, online.
Alternative Accommodation

Up To 30% Off When You Apply Online For New Customers

Buildings Insurance
Structural damage cover; Water damage cover; Flooding, fire & storm
Contents Insurance
Up to £150k contents cover
Special Features
Confused.com guarantee to beat your home insurance renewal, or get the difference, plus £20*
Alternative Accommodation
*T&Cs apply
Buildings Insurance
£750,000 million to help rebuild your home
Contents Insurance
Based on what you actually own
Special Features
Amazing home insurance at amazing prices. Buzzvault home insurance is based on what you actually own. This allows us to offer the cover you need at the best price
Alternative Accomodation

Buzzvault Home Insurance


GoCompare Home Insurance

Gocompare.com is a comparison website. 5.6 million households have used Gocompare.com for their home insurance quote.

Gocompare work with independent financial research company Defaqto to provide up to 30 product features to help you decide which home insurance policy is right for you. Gocompare offers honest customer reviews of various home insurance providers’ service and a simple way to save some money on your current quote.

Gocompare.com works with over 65 leading UK home insurance brands. See below for general advice about home insurance.

What is home insurance?

Home Insurance is a non-compulsory form of property insurance which is designed to protect against damage to your property or to the belongings within your home. Various policies exist which range from a basic cover of the structure of the property to also covering your contents and providing liability coverage against accidents.

There are many providers of home insurance so make sure you look around for the one most suited to your needs.

What Can be Insured?

Home insurance can be very basic or more comprehensive depending on your provider and what polices you take out.

There are two main types of home insurance:

  • Buildings insurance
  • Contents insurance

You can also normally take out a joint policy that combines the two.

Building Cover

This covers the actual structure of the building including the walls, windows, floor and roof. It will also usually cover permanent features such as the kitchen and bathroom set.

Policies do vary but this kind of cover will normally insure your property against flooding, burst pipes, theft, fires and weather damage. Extra cover can normally be added if you need it and many people like to also take out accidental damage cover, making a well-rounded policy for your home.

Contents Cover

Most families will have contents in their property valuing over £20,000. Many families have a great deal more. The idea of replacing these items due to flooding, theft, leakage, natural disasters is a worrying thought for many.

Contents insurance removes this worry. It will normally cover everything from jewellery to carpets, curtains, and electronic devices. Always read your policy carefully because every insurer will have a limit on what they are willing to pay out, so make sure your policy is adequate to cover your needs.

What should you look for?

When you are choosing your home insurance, there are many things to consider. We have narrowed down some of the key elements of home insurance which you should be looking for.

Is your property specialist?

If you own a listed building or if your property has an unusual feature such as a thatched or flat roof, you may need specialist cover.

Does the policy provide enough cover for you?

All policies have their limits and it’s wise to make sure that your home is covered for the rebuild value rather than the market value. Make sure to cost your contents to make sure the policy will be enough to cover it all – most people vastly underestimate how much their home contents are worth.

What is New for Old and do I need it?

New for Old cover for your possessions is worth considering. it is offered as standard in many contents policies now, but not all. It simply means that you will receive a similar but new product to the old item, rather than the value of the old one.

What excess are you able to pay?

Many home insurance policies come with excess charges, both voluntary and compulsory, so make sure your chosen provider’s excess policy works for you.