Churchill Home Insurance
Compare Churchill Home Insurance With UK Market
Get 35% off when you buy online*
Buildings cover – Up to £1 million for damage or loss to your walls, roofs, driveways and patios, as well as permanent fixtures such as kitchen units, bathroom fittings and fitted wardrobes.
Contents cover – Up to £50,000 for your household goods on a new-for-old basis, including furniture, carpets, home entertainment equipment, frozen foods and business equipment.
Trace and access – Up to £5,000 for cost of replacing any parts of the building that were damaged to help get to escaping water.
Alternative accommodation – Up to £40,000 (if you have combined buildings and contents insurance) towards alternative accommodation for you, your family and pets if your home is uninhabitable while it’s being repaired after an insured event.
24/7 emergency helpline
Optional upgrade to Home Plus or Select Premier Insurance, giving you cover for personal possessions , accidental damage, home emergency, family legal protection, professional fees
What’s not covered
Wear and tear, maintenance and routine decoration
Theft, vandalism or accidental damage caused by a paying guest or tenant
The cost of repairing or replacing items following a mechanical or electrical fault
Damage or theft if the house has been unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row
- If you’re looking for cheap home insurance get a quote with Admiral – you could pay as little as £116 if you insure your home. (Based on 10% of Admiral tier Instaquote building and contents combined customers between Jan &Jun 2020 paid from £116. MultiCover not included.)
- Choose from three levels of cover: Admiral, Gold or Platinum
- Unlimited buildings cover
- Up to £150,000 contents cover
- Bicycle cover (under £350)
- Optional additional cover including bicycle cover worth more than £350, high value items and personal possessions
- Optional extras including Family Legal Protection, Home Emergency Cover, Boiler Emergency Cover and Accidental Damage Cover
- 24 hour emercny helpline
- Moneyfacts’ Home Insurance Provider of the Year, Moneyfacts’ highest five star rating, Insurance Choice Awards Best Home Insurance Provider 2019
- Admiral.com Home Insurance is rated 9.1 out of 10 based on 4084 Revoo reviews from the last 12 months
- A personal claims manager if you need to move out of your home due to a claim
- Worldwide protection for your credit cards, debit cards and cash up to £500
- Cover for underground pipes comes as standard, so any accidental damage to those you are responsible for between your property and the mains is taken care of
- No need to specify single items worth less than £2,500 such as jewelry and paintings kept within the home
What’s not covered
- Home cover does not include loss or damage to valuables, personal belongings and pedal cycles when away from the home (available with Saga additional cover options – Personal Belongings Cover and Specified Pedal Cycles Outside the Home Cover).
- Home cover does not include loss or damage to contents in student accommodation.
- Certain loss or damage when your home is lent, shared, let or sub-let.
Cover for your property, possessions and more.
Damage to your property and possessions
- Caused by events such as fire, theft, subsidence and flooding
- Includes damage to garages and outbuildings and their contents
Cost of alternative accommodation (including loss of rent)
- We’ll pay for accommodation if your home can’t be lived in due to damage covered by your policy
- And if you’re a landlord, we’ll also cover you for any lost rent while the property is uninhabitable
Liability protection for injuries or property damage
- If you’re legally liable as the homeowner or occupier or if you’re an employer of domestic services (eg a cleaner)
What’s not covered
Unfortunately, we can’t cover everything – make sure you’re happy with what’s not covered, including:
- Wet rot, dry rot or frost damage
- Damage that’s been caused over time
- Fences, gates or hedges damaged in a storm
- Claims for poor workmanship or faulty design
Take a look at our policy wording for full details of what’s not covered.
* Excludes Home Emergency and Home Legal expenses
- Comparing quotes from a range of providers lets you find the best deal at the best price, with the add-ons you need
- Quickly compare home insurance quotes
- We’ll show you which home insurance quotes are the cheapest along with claims experience, a quality score, home emergency cover and cover level
- Once you’ve found a policy that suits your needs, you can call or click through to apply for your home insurance policy directly with the insurer
- *51% of consumers could save up to 41.70%, or £90.17. Consumer Intelligence, November 2019
- Save £££’s online with our home insurance policies
- Buildings, contents or combined insurance available
- Add on optional extras
- Low prices with great value insurance
- Flexible, comprehensive home insurance
- CCJ’s, bankruptcy or offenders acceptable
- Cover available for vacant property
- Non standard construction insurance available
- 9 out of 10 customers rate overall claims service as excellent
What do I need to get a quote?
Getting a home insurance quote normally takes about 8 minutes. But having the following at hand could speed things up:
Your property’s build date: you can find the actual date in your mortgage survey or home buyer’s report
The date you bought your house or when you moved in.
Locks and alarms: Confused provide useful lock pictures to help you find which locks you have fitted.
Details and cost of any claims in the last five years: This’ll be stated in your renewal documents. Alternatively contact your previous insurer.
The rebuild cost of your house: Confused will often fill this in for you. But you can also calculate it yourself, or hire a chartered surveyor to carry out an assessment.
The total cost of your personal belongings: If you don’t know this, you can use the Confused.com contents calculator.
The details of any items you wish to insure that are worth over £1,000.
Roof type: Which materials are used on your roof – such as asphalt shingle, tile, slate or thatched.
What does home insurance cover?
Home insurance falls into 3 categories – buildings, contents and combined buildings and contents insurance policies.
Buildings insurance covers the bricks and mortar of your home, and contents insurance covers your belongings. Typically, contents are anything you can pack up and take with you if you move home, such as furniture, clothes, and TVs.
Combined buildings and contents insurance policies can help reduce the cost of home insurance, but they’re usually only suitable if you own your home. They insure your property against damage, but also cover your belongings under the same insurance policy.
You can compare all three policy types through Confused.com.
You can also add optional extras to your policy, such as home emergency cover and legal cover – however, some providers might include these as standard. Accidental damage cover is another extra worth considering, as it covers unintentional one-off incidents that harm your property or its contents.
For example, putting your foot through the floor when you’re up in the loft, or spilling red wine on the carpet.
- Cheaper insurance based on what you actually own – Every policy includes a free video survey with one of our accredited surveyors – meaning that in just 15 minutes, you’ll have an accurate figure of the exact level of cover you need
- Quick and easy claims – for items under £5,000 the survey will also serve as proof of ownership – meaning smoother, faster claims
- Get a quote in 60 seconds
- Your data is protected by bank and government grade technology, ensuring the highest levels of security and privacy. Your data will never be shared without your consent
- No cancellation fees
- No administration fees to make changes
- 24/7 UK based claims service
- Contents cover can include bicycle & gadget cover
- Damaged items get replaced with new
- Underwritten by Great Lakes, a fully owned subsidiary of Munich Re Group who are one of the world’s leading reinsurers
Churchill Home Insurance
Few people are financially prepared for an emergency situation at home. Repairing your home or rebuying lost or stolen contents can be expensive, so it can be a relief to know you’re covered given any eventuality.
Home insurance comes in many forms but it basically falls in to three categories:
- Buildings cover
- Content cover
- Joint buildings and contents cover
Many providers will give you the option to tailor a cover package to suit you.
Churchill Home Insurance Review
Churchill offer two levels of insurance – Home Insurance and Home Insurance Plus. Within these two policies they offer: buildings, contents and personal possessions so you can choose what cover you really need.
General features of Churchill home insurance
- If you make a claim under both buildings and contents then you’ll only pay one policy excess
- New for Old cover which includes clothing, meaning that your items will be replaced brand new
- 24 hour legal advice line
- No admin fees if you need to change your policy details
- 12 month guarantee on all building works by approved repairers
Features of Churchill Home Insurance
- Buildings are insured up to £1,000,000
- Accidental damage cover can be added to this policy but isn’t included as standard
- You can receive alternative accommodation in the event of repairs up until £25,000
- They will trace and access leaks in your house up until £5,000
- Property owner’s liability up to £2,000,000
- Items in the home are insured up to £2,000 per item
- Total contents cover up to £50,000
- Contents temporarily taken out of the home will be insured up to £5,000
- Alternative accommodation in the event of repairs up until £15,000
- Employer’s liability £5,000,000
- Cover for items outside the home £2,500
- Money is insured up to £500
- Bicycles are insure up to £500 per bicycle
Features of Churchill Home Insurance Plus
- Unlimited buildings insurance
- Accidental damage cover in included
- Alternative accommodation in the event of repairs up to £50,000
- Tracing and accessing leaks within your home up to £10,000
- Property owner’s liability up to £5,000,000
- Matching sets and suites cover is included
- Contents are insured up to £1000, 000
- Items inside the home are insured up to £4000 per item
- Accidental cover is included
- Alternative accommodation in the event of repairs is covered up to £30,000
- Contents temporarily taken out of the home are insures up to £10,000
- Personal liability is £5,000,000
- Employer’s liability up to £10,000,000
- Matching sets and suites cover is included
- Cover for items outside the home up to £5,000
- Money is insured up to £1,000
- Bicycles are insure sup to £1000 per cycle
- Legal expenses cover is included
- Home emergency cover is included
Optional extra cover
Home Emergency Cover
- This covers you for emergencies such as: heating, plumbing and drainage, electrical wiring, security, and pests
- You’re covered up to £500 per call out and the insurances covers new parts, labour, emergency repairs and call-out charges
Accidental Damage Cover
- You can opt for cover against accidental damage to buildings, contents or both
- While this doesn’t provide coverage for general wear and tear, most accidents around the home are covered
Family Legal Protection
- You can receive up to £100,000 to aid with legal costs in the event of any disputes
Personal Possessions Cover
- This will cover your items outside the home, including: mobile phones, laptops and jewellery
Home Insurance Providers
- AVIVA Home Insurance
- Columbus Home Insurance
- AA Home Insurance
- Abbey Home Insurance
- Admiral Home Insurance
- Age UK Home Insurance
- AIG Home Insurance
- ASDA Home Insurance
- AXA Home Insurance
- Bank of Scotland Home Insurance
- Barclays Home Insurance
- Birmingham Midshires Home Insurance
- Bradford and Bingley Home Insurance
- British Gas Home Insurance
- Castle Cover Home Insurance
- Churchill Home Insurance
- CIS Home Insurance
- Confused.com Home Insurance
- Co-operative Home Insurance
- Cornhill Direct Home Insurance
- Direct Line Home Insurance
- Direct Choice Home Insurance
- Elephant Home Insurance
- Endsleigh Home Insurance
- esure Home Insurance
- First4 Home Insurance
- GoCompare Home Insurance
- Greenbee Home Insurance
- Halifax Home Insurance
- Hastings Direct Home Insurance
- Hiscox Home Insurance
- Hiscox Overseas Home Insurance
- HSBC Home Insurance
- ING Direct Home Insurance
- John Lewis Home Insurance
- Kwik-Fit Home Insurance
- Legal & General Home Insurance
- Liverpool Victoria Home Insurance
- M&S Home Insurance
- More Than Home Insurance
- Nationwide Home Insurance
- Natwest Home Insurance
- Norwich Union Home Insurance
- Post Office Home Insurance
- Privilege Home Insurance
- Prudential Home Insurance
- RAC Home Insurance
- Royal Bank of Scotland Home Insurance
- RIAS Home Insurance
- Saga Home Insurance
- Sainsbury’s Home Insurance
- Santander Home Insurance
- Sheilas’ Wheels Home Insurance
- Swiftcover Home Insurance
- Swinton Home Insurance
- TESCO Compare Home Insurance
- TESCO Finest Home Insurance
- Tesco Home Insurance
- TESCO Value Home Insurance
- Virgin Money Home Insurance
- Yes Home Insurance
- Zurich Connect Home Insurance