Home Insurance

Compare Home Insurance With UK Market

Buildings Insurance
Unlimited buildings cover to rebuild your home (eligibility criteria applies)
Contents Insurance
From £50,000 up to £150k contents cover (depending on policy)
Special Features
If you're looking for cheap home insurance get a quote with Admiral - you could pay as little as £115 if you insure your home*.
Alternative Accomodation

Admiral Home Insurance

Buildings Insurance
£1million to help rebuild your home (unlimited for Home Plus)
Contents Insurance
Up to £100k contents cover (up to £150k for Home Plus)
Special Features
Defaqto 5 Star Rated Home Insurance. Personal claims handler to look after you. 24/7 UK emergency helpline. 25% online discount for new customers
Alternative Accommodation
Home Insurance
Get a quote in less than five minutes
Prices from over 55 brands
Special Features
Save up to 41%*
100% independent

Moneysupermarket Home Insurance Comparison

Buildings Insurance
No Limit
Contents Insurance
No Limit
Special Features
Up To 30% online discount. Comprehensive quote system for buildings and contents insurance. Follow through and answer the quote questions, then if you are happy to proceed, you can take up your quote instantly and securely, online.
Alternative Accommodation

Up To 30% Off When You Apply Online For New Customers

Buildings Insurance
Structural damage cover; Water damage cover; Flooding, fire & storm
Contents Insurance
Up to £150k contents cover
Special Features guarantee to beat your home insurance renewal, or get the difference, plus £20*
Alternative Accommodation
*T&Cs apply
Buildings Insurance
£750,000 million to help rebuild your home
Contents Insurance
Based on what you actually own
Special Features
Amazing home insurance at amazing prices. Buzzvault home insurance is based on what you actually own. This allows us to offer the cover you need at the best price
Alternative Accomodation

Buzzvault Home Insurance


Compare Over 40+ Home Insurers

  • One short form to complete
  • Compare UK home & contents providers
  • Find a policy to suit your needs!

Get Home Insurance Quotes »

Home & Contents Insurance Offers! Home Insurance

Looking for a great home insurance deal? Try the home insurance service. While they don’t offer their own insurance, has a simple to use comparison service which will compare prices from over 80 home insurance providers to find you their best deal.See below for advice about home insurance.

What is Home Insurance?

Home Insurance is a non-compulsory form of property insurance which is designed to protect against damage to your property or to the belongings within your home.

Various policies exist which range from a basic cover of the structure of the property to also covering your content and liability coverage against accidents. There are many providers of home insurance, so make sure you look around for the one most suited to your needs.

What Can be Insured?

Home insurance can be very basic or cover a lot more depending on your provider and what polices you take out.

The two main types are of home insurance: buildings cover and contents cover. You can normally purchase these separately or as a joint policy, depending on your personal requirements.

Building Cover

This covers the actual structure of the building such as the walls, windows, floor and roof. It will also include permanent features such as the kitchen and bathroom fixtures and fittings.

Policies do vary, but this kind of cover will normally insure your property against flooding, burst pipes, theft, fires and weather damage. Extra cover can normally be added if you need and many people like to also take out accidental damage cover for additional peace of mind.

Contents Cover

Most families will have contents in their property valuing over £20,000. Many families have a great deal more. The idea of replacing these items due to flooding, theft, leakage, natural disasters is a worrying thought for many. Contents insurance removes this worry. It will normally cover everything from jewellery to carpets, curtains, and electronic devices.

Always read your policy carefully because every insurer will have a limit on what they are willing to pay out, so make sure your policy is adequate to cover everything you need it to.

What to look for when choosing home insurance

When you are choosing home insurance, there are many things to consider. We have looked at some of the key questions you should ask yourself when picking a policy to make sure you have all of the appropriate cover for your home.

Is your property specialist?

If you own a listed building or if your property has an unusual feature such as a thatched or flat roof, you may need specialist cover.

Do you need buildings and content cover?

It’s generally advised that you take out both but it does depend on your individual circumstances.

Does the policy provide enough cover for you?

All policies have their limits and it’s wise to make sure that your home is covered for the rebuild value rather than the market value. Make sure to comprehensively cost your contents to make sure the policy will be enough to cover it all. Most people vastly underestimate how much their home contents are worth.

What is New for Old and do I need it?

New for Old cover for your possessions is worth considering. It is offered as standard in many contents policies now, but make sure to check this. New for Old simply means that you will receive a similar but new product to the old item, rather than the value of the old one.

What excess are you able to pay?

Many home insurance policies come with excess charges, both voluntary and compulsory, so make sure your chosen provider’s excess policy works for you. Home Insurance Offer

Guarantee to beat your home insurance renewal, or get the difference, plus £20*

  • Save up to £92**
  • Compare over 71 trusted brands
  • Easy quote form Home Insurance Quotes »

*T&C’s Apply

**Based on online independent research by Consumer Intelligence (June 18). 50% of home insurance customers could save £84.02 on a combined policy.