Norwich Union Home Insurance

Compare Norwich Union Home Insurance With UK Market

Compare Over 40+ Home Insurers

  • One short form to complete
  • Compare UK home & contents providers
  • Find a policy to suit your needs!

Get Home Insurance Quotes »

Home & Contents Insurance Offers!
Insurance Offered
Compare over 40 UK home insurance providers
Easy Quote Form
Save time and money. One short form to complete, tailor a policy to suit your needs and compare providers
Buildings Insurance
Unlimited buildings cover to rebuild your home (eligibility criteria applies)
Contents Insurance
From £50,000 up to £150k contents cover (depending on policy)
Special Features
If you're looking for cheap home insurance get a quote with Admiral - you could pay as little as £113 if you insure your home*.
Alternative Accomodation

Admiral Home Insurance

Buildings Insurance
From £400,000 to unlimited cover to to help rebuild your home
Contents Insurance
From £50,000 to unlimited contents cover
Special Features
Choose from three levels of cover for Buildings, Contents or both. Tailor your policy with the optional add-ons. Make changes to your policy, without admin fees or hidden charges. When renewing, you won't pay more than a new customer for the same cover
Alternative Accomodation

John Lewis Home Insurance

Buildings Insurance
£1million to help rebuild your home (unlimited for Home Plus)
Contents Insurance
Up to £100K contents cover
Special Features
Award-winning Saga Home 3-year fixed price cover includes valuable extras: Accidental damage cover for mishaps in the home, Personal belongings cover to protect your items when you're away from home, Matching sets cover
Alternative Accomodation

Saga Home Insurance

Buildings Insurance
£1million to help rebuild your home (unlimited for Home Plus)
Contents Insurance
Up to £100k contents cover (up to £150k for Home Plus)
Special Features
Defaqto 5 Star Rated Home Insurance. 24/7 UK emergency helpline
Alternative Accommodation
Home Insurance
Get a quote in less than five minutes
Prices from over 55 brands
Special Features
Save up to 41%*
100% independent

Moneysupermarket Home Insurance Comparison

Buildings Insurance
No Limit
Contents Insurance
No Limit
Special Features
Up To 30% online discount. Comprehensive quote system for buildings and contents insurance. Follow through and answer the quote questions, then if you are happy to proceed, you can take up your quote instantly and securely, online.
Alternative Accommodation

Up To 30% Off When You Apply Online For New Customers

Buildings Insurance
Structural damage cover; Water damage cover; Flooding, fire & storm
Contents Insurance
Up to £150k contents cover
Special Features
Compare cheap buildings and contents insurance. You could save up to £107*
Alternative Accommodation
*Based on data provided by Consumer Intelligence Ltd, (April ’21). 51% of home insurance customers could save £107.96 on a combined policy
Buildings Insurance
£750,000 million to help rebuild your home
Contents Insurance
Based on what you actually own
Special Features
Amazing home insurance at amazing prices. Buzzvault home insurance is based on what you actually own. This allows us to offer the cover you need at the best price
Alternative Accomodation

Buzzvault Home Insurance


Norwich Union Home Insurance

Norwich Union Home Insurance becomes Aviva Home Insurance

Norwich Union was rebranded as Aviva – the name of the parent company that owned Norwich Union following the former building society’s demutualisation in 1997. The rebranded company continues to offer a range of competitive home insurance policies for customers across the UK.

Choosing a home insurance policy from Aviva

Aviva offer a range of home insurance policy options designed to meet your personal requirements.

These include:

  • Buildings insurance
  • Contents insurance
  • Joint buildings and contents insurance
  • Renters insurance
  • Landlord insurance

Which of these policy types suits you will depend on whether you are a homeowner, renter or landlord. As a homeowner, you will be responsible for insuring your own building and contents, and having buildings insurance will almost certainly be a condition of your mortgage.

As a renter you are only responsible for insuring your own possessions, because it is your landlord’s responsibility to cover the building. The reverse is true for landlords.

Alongside these standard policies, you can also add optional extras, including Home Legal Services cover, which can fund legal action when pursuing or defending claims relating to your home or other issues, including boundary disputes, personal injury and employment disputes.

Choosing an Aviva (Norwich Union) home insurance policy

Aviva home insurance policy-holders can benefit from:

  • Defaqto 5 star rated cover
  • Home Emergency Cover (response time of under 2 hours to secure your home after a break-in)
  • Standard contents cover up to £50,000 (can be increased up to £250,000 depending on property & postcode)
  • New for Old replacement
  • Accidental damage cover for home entertainment equipment
  • A UK-based claims team which operate 365 days a year, 24 hours a day
  • Legal and tax helpline
  • Owner’s/Occupier’s liability
  • Alternative accommodation found and covered if your home is undergoing repairs
  • Contents insurance includes garden possessions

Optional Extras

Aviva offer a range of optional add-ons to provide additional cover that gives you comprehensive home insurance that perfectly matches your needs.

Options include:

  • Accidental damage
  • Protected no claims discount
  • Personal belongings cover (in and away from home)
  • Home emergency
  • Legal services
  • Pedal cycles option
  • Additional garden cover

Useful to Know

When considering Aviva home insurance, please bear in mind:

  • There is a cancellation fee
  • You can pay annually or in instalments but interest is charged on payments via instalment

Questions to ask when choosing home insurance

Here are a few things to consider when looking for an insurance policy to suit you.

Is your property specialist?

If you own a listed building or if your property has an unusual feature such as a thatched roof, you may need specialist cover.

Do you need buildings and content cover?

While it’s generally advised that you take out both, it does depend on your individual circumstances. Insurance providers often provide individual policies as well as joint policies.

Does the policy provide enough cover?

All policies have their limits so you need to make sure that your home is covered for the rebuild value rather than the market value. It is also worth costing your contents to make sure your chosen policy will be enough to cover it all.