Sheilas’ Wheels Home Insurance
Compare Sheilas’ Wheels Home Insurance With UK Market
- *Based on 10% of Admiral tier Instaquote building and contents combined customers between July and December 2020 paid from £115
- Choose from three levels of cover: Admiral, Gold or Platinum
- Unlimited buildings cover
- Up to £150,000 contents cover
- Bicycle cover (under £350)
- Optional additional cover including bicycle cover worth more than £350, high value items and personal possessions
- Optional extras including Family Legal Protection, Home Emergency Cover, Boiler Emergency Cover and Accidental Damage Cover
- 24 hour emercny helpline
- Moneyfacts’ Home Insurance Provider of the Year, Moneyfacts’ highest five star rating, Insurance Choice Awards Best Home Insurance Provider 2019
- Admiral.com Home Insurance is rated 9.1 out of 10 based on 4084 Revoo reviews from the last 12 months
- 20 million policies: Over the past 28 years, the Admiral Group has served millions of policies to our vast customer base.
- Build your policy from three levels of Bronze, Silver or Gold Cover for buildings, contents or both. Then tailor your policy with optional add-ons
- Change your policy at any time, without admin fees or hidden charges. You can even cancel at no extra cost
- If you’re an existing customer, you won’t pay more than a new customer for the same cover
- From £10,000 to Unlimited Alternative Accommodation Cover if you can’t stay in your current home as the result of an approved claim
- Valuable cover from £10,000 to £40,000
- Optional add-ons including Personal Cyber Cover, Legal Expenses Cover, Accidental Damage Cover for contents and/or buildings, Bicycle Cover. Student Cover, Home Emergency and Boiler Servicing Cover, and Gadget Cover
Cover for your property, possessions and more.
Damage to your property and possessions
- Caused by events such as fire, theft, subsidence and flooding
- Includes damage to garages and outbuildings and their contents
Cost of alternative accommodation (including loss of rent)
- We’ll pay for accommodation if your home can’t be lived in due to damage covered by your policy
- And if you’re a landlord, we’ll also cover you for any lost rent while the property is uninhabitable
Liability protection for injuries or property damage
- If you’re legally liable as the homeowner or occupier or if you’re an employer of domestic services (eg a cleaner)
What’s not covered
Unfortunately, we can’t cover everything – make sure you’re happy with what’s not covered, including:
- Wet rot, dry rot or frost damage
- Damage that’s been caused over time
- Fences, gates or hedges damaged in a storm
- Claims for poor workmanship or faulty design
Take a look at our policy wording for full details of what’s not covered.
* Excludes Home Emergency and Home Legal expenses
- Comparing quotes from a range of providers lets you find the best deal at the best price, with the add-ons you need
- Quickly compare home insurance quotes
- We’ll show you which home insurance quotes are the cheapest along with claims experience, a quality score, home emergency cover and cover level
- Once you’ve found a policy that suits your needs, you can call or click through to apply for your home insurance policy directly with the insurer
- *51% of consumers could save up to 41.70%, or £90.17. Consumer Intelligence, November 2019
- Save £££’s online with our home insurance policies
- Buildings, contents or combined insurance available
- Add on optional extras
- Low prices with great value insurance
- Flexible, comprehensive home insurance
- CCJ’s, bankruptcy or offenders acceptable
- Cover available for vacant property
- Non standard construction insurance available
- 9 out of 10 customers rate overall claims service as excellent
What do I need to get a quote?
Getting a home insurance quote normally takes about 8 minutes. But having the following at hand could speed things up:
Your property’s build date: you can find the actual date in your mortgage survey or home buyer’s report
The date you bought your house or when you moved in.
Locks and alarms: Confused provide useful lock pictures to help you find which locks you have fitted.
Details and cost of any claims in the last five years: This’ll be stated in your renewal documents. Alternatively contact your previous insurer.
The rebuild cost of your house: Confused will often fill this in for you. But you can also calculate it yourself, or hire a chartered surveyor to carry out an assessment.
The total cost of your personal belongings: If you don’t know this, you can use the Confused.com contents calculator.
The details of any items you wish to insure that are worth over £1,000.
Roof type: Which materials are used on your roof – such as asphalt shingle, tile, slate or thatched.
What does home insurance cover?
Home insurance falls into 3 categories – buildings, contents and combined buildings and contents insurance policies.
Buildings insurance covers the bricks and mortar of your home, and contents insurance covers your belongings. Typically, contents are anything you can pack up and take with you if you move home, such as furniture, clothes, and TVs.
Combined buildings and contents insurance policies can help reduce the cost of home insurance, but they’re usually only suitable if you own your home. They insure your property against damage, but also cover your belongings under the same insurance policy.
You can compare all three policy types through Confused.com.
You can also add optional extras to your policy, such as home emergency cover and legal cover – however, some providers might include these as standard. Accidental damage cover is another extra worth considering, as it covers unintentional one-off incidents that harm your property or its contents.
For example, putting your foot through the floor when you’re up in the loft, or spilling red wine on the carpet.
- Cheaper insurance based on what you actually own – Every policy includes a free video survey with one of our accredited surveyors – meaning that in just 15 minutes, you’ll have an accurate figure of the exact level of cover you need
- Quick and easy claims – for items under £5,000 the survey will also serve as proof of ownership – meaning smoother, faster claims
- Get a quote in 60 seconds
- Your data is protected by bank and government grade technology, ensuring the highest levels of security and privacy. Your data will never be shared without your consent
- No cancellation fees
- No administration fees to make changes
- 24/7 UK based claims service
- Contents cover can include bicycle & gadget cover
- Damaged items get replaced with new
- Underwritten by Great Lakes, a fully owned subsidiary of Munich Re Group who are one of the world’s leading reinsurers
Sheilas’ Wheels Home Insurance
Sheilas’ Wheels offers home insurance targeted towards women. They provide both buildings and contents cover which can be purchases separately or together. You can also choose from several optional extra types of cover to help you build a bespoke policy that matches your personal requirements.
With home insurance you are generally covered against:
- Weather damage
- Riots and malicious damage
- Theft or attempted break-in
- Falling trees or branches
- Water and oil leaks
- Vehicle collisions
Choosing a Sheilas’ Wheels home insurance policy
What kind of policy you choose with Sheilas’ Wheels will depend on your personal circumstances. Homeowners will usually need both buildings and contents insurance while renters will only need contents insurance. Landlords will need buildings insurance but may also need contents insurance to protect things like carpets and furniture if the property is let furnished.
Please note: Customers who buy buildings and contents insurance together will qualify for a discount.
Sheilas’ Wheels Buildings Insurance
With this cover you can benefit from:
- Unlimited buildings cover
- Up to £75,000 for alternative accommodation (if you have to leave your home temporarily)
- Cover for locks and keys up to £1,000
- Property owners liability cover up to £2 million
- Accidental damage cover (optional)
Sheilas’ Wheels Contents Insurance
Policy-holders can take advantage of:
- New items for old replacement (stolen or damaged items will be replaced with a new equivalent item)
- Garden contents cover up to £2,000
- Personal money cover up to £750
- Student cover up to £5,000
- Seasonal cover (up to an extra 15% of the contents sum insured for 4 weeks before and after agreed special events)
- Home office equipment cover up to £1,000
- Accidental Damage cover (optional)
- Up to 40% No Claim Discount if you are claim free for 5 years
Shelias’ Wheels offer FREE Family Legal Protection and Home Emergency Cover worth over £75 for the first year when bought online. You can also choose from the following optional extra cover add-ons for an additional fee.
Personal Possessions Cover
Covers accidental loss, damage or theft of your personal possessions when they are temporarily outside of your home anywhere in the UK. Also gives you the same protection for up to 60 consecutive days anywhere in the rest of the world.
Provides up to £150 for the exterminations of pests including wasps, hornets, rats, mice and grey squirrels. Also covers bed bug treatments up to a maximum of three treatments and a overall limit of £200 for bed bugs in one infested area in an emergency.
Annual Travel Insurance
Provides worldwide cover for an unlimited number of trips (up to a maximum duration of 30 days) for you, your partner, any joint named policy-holder and your children.
Home Insurance Providers
- AVIVA Home Insurance
- Columbus Home Insurance
- AA Home Insurance
- Abbey Home Insurance
- Admiral Home Insurance
- Age UK Home Insurance
- AIG Home Insurance
- ASDA Home Insurance
- AXA Home Insurance
- Bank of Scotland Home Insurance
- Barclays Home Insurance
- Birmingham Midshires Home Insurance
- Bradford and Bingley Home Insurance
- British Gas Home Insurance
- Castle Cover Home Insurance
- Churchill Home Insurance
- CIS Home Insurance
- Confused.com Home Insurance
- Co-operative Home Insurance
- Cornhill Direct Home Insurance
- Direct Line Home Insurance
- Direct Choice Home Insurance
- Elephant Home Insurance
- Endsleigh Home Insurance
- esure Home Insurance
- First4 Home Insurance
- GoCompare Home Insurance
- Greenbee Home Insurance
- Halifax Home Insurance
- Hastings Direct Home Insurance
- Hiscox Home Insurance
- Hiscox Overseas Home Insurance
- HSBC Home Insurance
- ING Direct Home Insurance
- John Lewis Home Insurance
- Kwik-Fit Home Insurance
- Legal & General Home Insurance
- Liverpool Victoria Home Insurance
- M&S Home Insurance
- More Than Home Insurance
- Nationwide Home Insurance
- Natwest Home Insurance
- Norwich Union Home Insurance
- Post Office Home Insurance
- Privilege Home Insurance
- Prudential Home Insurance
- RAC Home Insurance
- Royal Bank of Scotland Home Insurance
- RIAS Home Insurance
- Saga Home Insurance
- Sainsbury’s Home Insurance
- Santander Home Insurance
- Sheilas’ Wheels Home Insurance
- Swiftcover Home Insurance
- Swinton Home Insurance
- TESCO Compare Home Insurance
- TESCO Finest Home Insurance
- Tesco Home Insurance
- TESCO Value Home Insurance
- Virgin Money Home Insurance
- Yes Home Insurance
- Zurich Connect Home Insurance